Dish doing too well?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ChefBoyardee

Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
East Coast USA
They must be. I have been a customer for 15 years, but due to a recent new job, had to move to another state. My new apartment has no southern view, so I cannot get dish. I am 13 mos into a 2 year term Dish'N'It Up 722 upgrade.

I know I had an early termination fee liability, but they have already made more money on me than I can count. Yet they feel they haven't recovered their costs if they were to give a courtesy waive on the ETF. They were resolute about not doing anything to help out. Therefore I will NOT go back to dish when I get my new house in a few months. Or ever.

They also said they would send retrieval boxes automatically, but they no longer pay for the return shipping. They also would not supress sending the boxes. I was returning them in person, and if boxes were delivered it is a tip off that the old house is now empty. They are also charging me 12 mos ETF, even though I should only owe 11.

So several wrong answers and a don't care attitude means Charlie has lost a loyal customer forever. And btw, with the new cable service I get in my apartment, I don't have to pay them to come fix their own DVR if it fails.

Hasta la vista Chuckles. You got your last dime from me, you cheap son of a gun.

why do you think your poop dont stink? you signed the 24 month agreement, and you made the choice to relocate yourself where you cannot get served. not dishes problem. its your problem. stop cyring like you were screwed. you broke your end of the deal.

so because you moved and you didn't bother to check on whether you could get a signal at your new place, dish should just go ahead and cancel the contract that you signed promising to pay an early termination fee if you cancel early? Amazing, simply amazing! :rolleyes:
well good luck to you! :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave

No. But as a customer courtesy to a long time customer who would reup soon, it is just good customer service. The idea of ETFs are to recover money for a discounted box. They have made more off me than if I had just signed up a year ago. I never said I didn't owe it. It is just poor customer service and a good way to alienate a long term customer. Penny wise and pound foolish. Good companies know it is cheaper to keep these kind of customer happy than to go get new ones. Fifteen year loyalty should mean something. Companies drool to get this kind of customer.

The phone company on the other hand, gave me a waive on the DSL ETF and I only had if for a bit over a year.

BTW, it isn't that I didn't check for a southern view. I choose apartments by more important criteria than which way they face. Luckily my new employer will reimburse me, but dish showed me how they roll, and I will not be back.

And to the other point, why should you pay them to fix their own box they lease to you? The cable company doesn't do that here. If you are happy with Cheap Chuckles, good for you.

Directv would have hit you harder. Trust me , Been there don't that, Twice, I paid out my contract early. They don't give a crap what your excuse is, So why do you think Dish Network should?

why do you think your poop dont stink? you signed the 24 month agreement, and you made the choice to relocate yourself where you cannot get served. not dishes problem. its your problem. stop cyring like you were screwed. you broke your end of the deal.
First of all, my poop does stink. LOL
Secondly, it was a choice of move or stay where I had no job. No rational person would choose otherwise.

why does dish have to provide you good customer service when you opting to no longer be a customer? you should get no customer service as you are not a customer anymore.

ok, i did re-read the posts. still dont get why it would be expected that they waive your etf and by not doing so they are not providing good customer service. if you are leaving and it is clear they cannot provide service, then why would they give away revenue and not collect the etf? and how does waiving an etf fee fall under the terms of "good customer service"? good customer service sure has a high standered these days. for me, good customer service is answering billing, programming, or equip/tech questions with accuracy, politeness, and efficiency and providing needed repairs or corrections promptly.

good customer service also requires patron service. and no longer being a patron will make it hard to get customer service.

I don't know if they still do this, but when I moved in the middle of my agreement I couldn't get a dish installed for a few months until after I moved. It took 2 phone calls, since the 1st CSR was clueless, but Dish put a hold on my account for 6 months. My agreement didnt advance, I got to keep my equipment, and they only charged me a nominal fee each month until I was able to restore service at my new location...seems to me this is the option they should have offered you.

Otherwise, if Dish doesn't have any guarantee that you will be coming back to them why should they do you any favors in letting you go? That's like asking your wife to give you her wedding ring back when you get a divorce so you can give it to your new girlfriend. "Don't worry honey, once I'm through with her I'll bring it back to you when we get remarried." Yeah, right....

You should have been able to suspend your account.

DISH definitely dosen't know the meaning of customer service and never has.

You should have been able to suspend your account.

DISH definitely dosen't know the meaning of customer service and never has.

Assuming the OP mentioned he would be able to return to Dish shortly. Sounds like he called and demanded to be let out of his contract. I'd have said no, too.

I bet a lot of people who want out of their contract call with a made up story about how they are moving and can't get Dish.

where in his commitment does it say he should be able to suspend his account? dishpause is only for those who are not in commitment. all others in a commitment are to maintain the minumum programming package of dishfamily or dishmexico.

customer service is the activity of administration of business services and products to a customer and to enhance satisfaction within business policies of the company. customer service is not breaking business rules to give a customer what he wants and how he wants regaurdless of business rules. everyone seems to have a belief that if they dont get their way, then its poor customer service when in reality it is them simply getting declined something they just plain dont deserve.

ok, i did re-read the posts. still dont get why it would be expected that they waive your etf and by not doing so they are not providing good customer service. if you are leaving and it is clear they cannot provide service, then why would they give away revenue and not collect the etf? and how does waiving an etf fee fall under the terms of "good customer service"? good customer service sure has a high standered these days. for me, good customer service is answering billing, programming, or equip/tech questions with accuracy, politeness, and efficiency and providing needed repairs or corrections promptly.

good customer service also requires patron service. and no longer being a patron will make it hard to get customer service.

you just answered what E*'s problems are, along with being quite greedy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)