Dish "Dongle" for Outside Antenna Stopped working ....

Last thought...have you tried disconnecting the antenna from the adapter and then plugging in the adapter by itself?

(apologies if you mentioned trying this one)

How old is the OTA dongle ? I'm curious how Dish would handle a "warranty" on it given the current status of it.

I think you can even plug in a USB flash drive to test the ports. It will recognize it but won't do anything (as I recall).

Thanks, will try USB Drive and see if Mr. Hopper notices........................

Try to connect the dongle to a windows machine and see if windows detects and tries to install the drivers. Thats one dangley donge! lol

Thanks, good idea, now it is #1 on the "List", I'll let you know how this worked out.

MM

I can confirm that they do go bad. I have two OTA dongles on two HWS. Recently one of them stopped receiving OTA signals. After trying several things to get it working I exchanged the dongles and the bad one did not work on the other receiver either. The other dongle worked fine on the receiver where the bad one had been. So no doubt it had gone bad. I cannot conceive why one of those things would go bad after having worked for a long time but obviously it did.

At least the other one still works so the wife can still record her favorite shows from MeTV!

I had two ota dongles when I had two hopper 2's. One of my dongles stopped working right and I ended up trashing it . It wouldn't even scan for ota any more, so yes they can go bad.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)