DISH Hacked - Websites are BACK ONLINE!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I got a paper bill in the mail yesterday. Was the same exact copy of the bill I got on the .pdf attachment to an e-mail from DISH earlier this week. Autopay for the 17th. Showed up as a pending transaction on my credit card today. So, so far so good.
I just paid my DISH services manually like usual using the DISH Secure Payment Portal at Dish Fast Pay which appears to be outsourced to the same company CSG (Data Privacy & Security - CSG) that produces the paper billing statements under CSG Mail Services which is used by DISH, Comcast and Spectrum. Paper Bill dated March 2, 2023 which was due on March 17, 2023 was received in the mail on the due date, billing cycle date has always been the 2nd of the month with the 17th of the month for the due date. Nothing about billing received after February 4, 2023 by e-mail informing me my bill is ready. The last email received from DISH was on February 23, 2023 at 7:03AM Pacific Time for "Get the best of DISH's Outdoor Pack on sale". The credit card authorization on the credit card issuing bank's side does show "DISH NETWORK-ONE TIME" as the merchant name/transaction description which was how it is normally so bill production and payments at least in my case are not done by DISH internally.

The 3/19 talks seem to be wrong. It appears cancelling service still isn’t possible based on the phone options. I wasn’t willing to wait 103 minutes just to be told they still can’t do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Josephinelcajon
The 3/19 talks seem to be wrong. It appears cancelling service still isn’t possible based on the phone options. I wasn’t willing to wait 103 minutes just to be told they still can’t do it.

Retention is open and we are sending people there to do this.

Question - Validity of email DISH bill but the addresses in the header were notify.dishstatement.com and dishemail.com?

There is a pdf attached claiming to be the bill. I have not opened it.

They seem a bit suspicious and mxtoolbox.com shows them residing in AWS.

Thoughts or some of you have other tools to backcheck?

Reactions: charlesrshell
My 12 minute hold ended up being an hour. Just to transfer me to retention. They answered almost immediately. They still can’t actually cancel service but take note of when you want to cancel and suggested I call back on 3/26 to see if they can process the cancellation. Once that occurs, they’ll send me return boxes and such. What a mess.

Here is an interesting tidbit.

ROKU, ESPN, tv provider content (separate of ESPN+) had been blocked for inability to verify DISH credentials.
Today, I tried it,
Espn.com/activate,
Enter code, (dgtrf77),
Chose provider, Dish,
Activated.

ESPN on ROKU shows
Tv Provider 'Wire Tele-View Corp'.
And the ESPN (separate of ESPN+) items are working...

Who is 'Wire Tele-View Corp'
??????

It’s kind of working. They got me to retention, but they just noted my account that I’m canceling. They didn’t actually turn anything off. Told me to call back on 3/26 to see if they can complete the process.

Here is an interesting tidbit.

ROKU, ESPN, tv provider content (separate of ESPN+) had been blocked for inability to verify DISH credentials.
Today, I tried it,
Espn.com/activate,
Enter code, (dgtrf77),
Chose provider, Dish,
Activated.

ESPN on ROKU shows
Tv Provider 'Wire Tele-View Corp'.
And the ESPN (separate of ESPN+) items are working...

Who is 'Wire Tele-View Corp'
??????

Hmmm. Are you in PA and use this service for internet?

Hey, hipkat, are you Greg?

I'm new on this forum obviously. I've read things in here periodically but never on a consistent basis and never felt the need to create an account. But after the outage and no forum access I needed a place to connect lol. Not that our own forum gets anything done anymore like it used to.
But after seeing the way you respond to things and seeing you're in Chicago i can only assume you're Greg.

Is there any DISH people on Here any longer? I have a disable friend that can get his TV back on THANKS to dish never send him a bill he doesnt know his account number. If so Please PM me and let me know what you need for me to get his Account Number, Thanks!!

PS I know Dish is suppose to send a paper bill but he has moved and Dish might not have his current mailing address .