Dish dropping Fox Sports Detroit?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Saw the ad as well, looks like the 22nd. So I get a break from the Tigers who are a embarrassment. Looks like local fans are the winners here lol and if for some reason it goes on a while, we also get a break from the last place wings and mediocre pistons.

I wonder if they are serious this time or it’s another ploy to get a better rate.

Since most providers charge a regional sports fee. Customers should be given the option to drop fox sports and save the $10/mo or whatever the provider paid for the channel.

If they would all do this the whole bottom would drop out of the professional sports market.

It’s about time for the players salaries to take a correction

It's gonna get a lot worse over the next couple of weeks...

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/dish-faces-multiple-outages-carriage-contracts-disney-fox-sports-1203274496/

Also on the horizon: FX, National Geographic and the other Fox Channels that Fox sold to Disney.

Then there is a separate deadline for the FOX Owned and Operated channels, Fox News Channel, Fox Business, and Fox Sports 1.

So in all, this is a three pronged dispute: channels that are going to be transferred to Sinclair (the RSN's). A sticky point with that is the new Cubs network that Sinclair will want to get out as much as possible. There are the Fox channels that Disney now owns, and my guess is Disney will want to add ACC Network to those negotiations. There there are the FOX channels themselves that Fox still owns.

I wish all cable and satellite companies would give subscribers that option. I would love to see them all do that with local channels too.

To bad none of them have the balls to do it. Except Dish.
I wonder if they are serious this time or it’s another ploy to get a better rate.

Since most providers charge a regional sports fee. Customers should be given the option to drop fox sports and save the $10/mo or whatever the provider paid for the channel.

If they would all do this the whole bottom would drop out of the professional sports market.

It’s about time for the players salaries to take a correction

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Watching a bit of fox sports Detroit while I can :) just watched the tigers blow a 5-1 lead in one inning. Boy will I miss them

People in the Champaign/Springfield, IL market will not be happy if they jump ship for DTV and find out too late that DTV is missing 4 local channels. Regardless, every dispute, people change from one service to the other. The number that jump ship is probably minimal

Agreed, but I wish the customers would realize who to point the finger at

They don't care and when we try to waste our breath explaining, their eyes glaze over. The customer sees the bottom line and that's "Hey, I lost my favorite channel." To them, these disputes look petty and childish (and that's not too far from the truth in my opinion)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)