Dish DVD 625 & 301-311 connections

rsbermu

Original poster
May 10, 2010
Puerto Rico
Hello. Right know I have installed a DVR-625 with two satellite dishes, and want to install a single receiver (301-311), so the question is: who has a wiring diagram to make these possible? what are the neccesary connectors needed to install the new receiver? Thanks in advance.

As papalittle was asking what equipment do you currently have? We can't see it so you have to tell us. Try menu 6-1-3 it may give us the answers.

I have a Dish network 625 receiver hooked up to a dish pro plus 500 dish and everything works fine. I'm trying to hook it up to a dish pro 500 dish and I'm having difficulty. Do I still use the dp plus separator?

I have a Dish network 625 receiver hooked up to a dish pro plus 500 dish and everything works fine. I'm trying to hook it up to a dish pro 500 dish and I'm having difficulty. Do I still use the dp plus separator?
No. The DP separator will only work on the DPP LNB. You'll need two lines from the LNB to the receiver.

If you already have a DPP Twin LNB running the 625, use the separator going into the 625. Use one cable from LNB to separator, then to 625. You can then use the other port on the LNB to run the 301/311. You do not need another dish.

right. i am confused here as well. if you are talking about 2 dishes at the same house, you only need the one dpp 500 to run your 2 receivers. no seperator needed for the single tuner. there is no need to do anything with the 2nd dish.
if you are talking about moving to a different house that has a dp 500, then it will wont run both and you need 2 lines to the 625.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)