DISH DVR 522 FORMAT??And USB Questions?

ezyemail

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 29, 2004
Does anyone know what format the Hard Drive on the 522 records in??? Is it a AVI file??

Also is the Hard Drive a Western Digtal 120 gig??

And Lastly, do you know if and when the USB port on the back has a function??

Thanks and sorry for all the questions! :)

If you look on the front of the box, it actually says on it "MPEG-2". I assume that's the format it records in!

The HD is 120 gigs. I don't know about the brand though...

SimpleSimon said:
It's MPEG-2 - but it's encrypted data - you're not gonna be able to do anything with it - unfortunately :(
Theres a utility called "dishrip" that will lift the files off the hard drive and decrypt it.. Problem is, is that you have to remove it from the DVR and put it in your 'puter..

I was subscribed to the dishrip forum on the yahoo forums. To say the least it is a very lenghty and buggy process to extract video and audio from the HD's of any Dish PVR's. Once you get it off of the HD there are more processes to go thru to get the audio to synch with the video.

Of course if you have nothing better to do and plenty of time to do it in then I would say go for it. It can be done and can be fun. You will also learn a lot about ripping video and audio from HD's. Have fun :D

Bob

The good news is that I found 86 items with "522" in them in my dishrip/dishmod archives for 2004.

The bad news is that none of them are helpful - no one is doing anything with x2x box ripping until DMCA "Fair Use" issues can be settled.

Maybe someone can just "remove" the Hollywood people - all the good stuff comes out of Canada now anyway. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts