Dish DVR 625 Software Version L4.61

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gtr225

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Just recently my DVR 625 updated to version L4.61 and I was wondering if anyone had any details on what new features (if any) that this update includes. Two things I did noticed however. For Dish passes I can specify the "frequency" of recordings for either new episodes or all episodes. I also noticed I can now have over 288 timers scheduled. I hope the last one isn't some bug and is actually meant to happen because I hate the 288 timer limit.

Ok I emailed DISH Network and here is the message and reply:
Dear ,

Thank you for your email. There are no limits to how many timers you have set up on the hard drive. As long as they do not interfere with another timer you can set as many as you need.

Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have further questions you can respond to this e-mail or access our online technical support at the following link:

DISH Network Customer Tech Portal

A Technical Service Representative is available via live chat 24 hours a day, 7 days per week regarding your concerns. Please click the following link to use this option.

Chat Assistance

Thank you,

DISH Network Technical E-care

** Please include all previous correspondence when replying. **

E-care Agent

Sent: Sunday, August 12, 2007 11:24 PM
To: Tech
Subject: Technical Support,

Full Name:

Account Number:

Question: I just noticed my Dish DVR 625 has now updated to software

version L4.61 which works fine. However I noticed the receiver now has

over 288 timers scheduled. So my question is, does this update resolve the

whole 288 timers issue and now can I have over 288 timers scheduled in

advance?

The 522/625 has a limit of 96 timers. Those timers are limited to generating 288 events (including skipped), and no more timers may be added after either ceiling is hit. On the 622 the event limit was raised to 576 (AFAIK timers are still at 96), so maybe this was also done for the 625.

Not much is yet known. I'm keeping track at EKB: DVR625 Software History.

Release notes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)