Dish DVR and DSL

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Night Owl

Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
Tennessee
Hello,

I am having Dish Network DVR installed this Saturday. I have Bellsouth DSL and I know you have to connect the DVR to a phone line. Is there any problems with the DVR receiving data on a phone line with DSL? I have the DSL filters connected.

Thanks in advance.

Here's my set-up :D

Phone Jack (RJ11, I guess)-->1st Duplex Jack-->(Input1) DSL modem/(Input2) 2nd Duplex Jack
2nd Duplex Jack-->(Input1) DSL Filter1--->Land Line/(Input2) DSL Filter2-->622 DVR

I haven't had any problems with 40' of cable and this somewhat convoluted arrangement.

Best of luck w/ your install!

There wont be any problems so long as your phone lines in the home and the service itsself is working good and your using a filter.

My old 522 setup was similar to Allin4greeN's except my DSL filter was between the two duplex jacks. In fact, the phone lines are still there, including the 25' run (thru a groove under my front door) to where the 522 was. I had no connection problems at all.

I have the exact setup with Bellsouth DSL and Dish. Like everyone before me said, be sure to use the filter and everything will work fine.

Amazing

stone phillips420 said:
shouldnt be any problems, but after all it is dish network.
by the way Night Owl
welcome to satguys, m sure youll enjoy it

Your sig was longer than your post... can we get anymore details in there?
:)

No problems with phone hookup and DSL just make sure you install the filter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)