Dish DVR and DSL

Night Owl

Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
Tennessee
Hello,

I am having Dish Network DVR installed this Saturday. I have Bellsouth DSL and I know you have to connect the DVR to a phone line. Is there any problems with the DVR receiving data on a phone line with DSL? I have the DSL filters connected.

Thanks in advance.

Here's my set-up :D

Phone Jack (RJ11, I guess)-->1st Duplex Jack-->(Input1) DSL modem/(Input2) 2nd Duplex Jack
2nd Duplex Jack-->(Input1) DSL Filter1--->Land Line/(Input2) DSL Filter2-->622 DVR

I haven't had any problems with 40' of cable and this somewhat convoluted arrangement.

Best of luck w/ your install!

There wont be any problems so long as your phone lines in the home and the service itsself is working good and your using a filter.

My old 522 setup was similar to Allin4greeN's except my DSL filter was between the two duplex jacks. In fact, the phone lines are still there, including the 25' run (thru a groove under my front door) to where the 522 was. I had no connection problems at all.

I have the exact setup with Bellsouth DSL and Dish. Like everyone before me said, be sure to use the filter and everything will work fine.

Amazing

stone phillips420 said:
shouldnt be any problems, but after all it is dish network.
by the way Night Owl
welcome to satguys, m sure youll enjoy it

Your sig was longer than your post... can we get anymore details in there?
:)

No problems with phone hookup and DSL just make sure you install the filter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts