Dish DVR for Iphone

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DuganDunn

Original poster
Sep 20, 2009
Ohio
Just curious as to why Dish doesnt have an app like Directtv that would allow Iphone and Itouch users to set their DVR's to record?

Any thoughts on this. I have tried the Directtv app and it works great.

You don't need an app, just go to http://dish.sling.com on your phones browser and you will be taken to a site optimized for your phone.

You can even use your iPhone as a remote control from the site to control your DVR, yup you can pause, rewing, fast forward etc using your iPhone as a remote.

Lets see the DirecTV app do that. ;)

If you have a windows mobile phone and would like an optimized browser for dish.sling.com try: Iris Browser. It is based off of the same source code as the iPhone browser (Safari) so the website thinks it is an iPhone. I use it from time to time with no issues.

The sad part is the developer just got bought by RIM (blackberry) so they are dropping their Win Mo development :(

There is also a sling app, but it costs money for the iPhone. The app is a sling client, allowing you to view sling content.

i use it from my Palm Pre and it's great to be able to manage your DVR from the phone and as Scott said you can use your phone as a remote control - freaks the kids out when they're holding the real remote yet i'm pausing what they're watching! :dev

Maybe it's just me, but I'd welcome an official app. The website is optimized nicely for the phone, but it is a little awkward to navigate. Plus, if they had a native app, many of the graphics wouldn't need to be downloaded and it would make the app zippier. It would be nice to swipe to scroll forward through listings rather then hitting a button and waiting for everything to reload.

I do commend Dish for the web app, though.

They are working on one. I have heard they are just ironing out the server issues (adding capacity) and then plan to release the actual application.

i use it from my Palm Pre and it's great to be able to manage your DVR from the phone and as Scott said you can use your phone as a remote control - freaks the kids out when they're holding the real remote yet i'm pausing what they're watching! :dev

Oh, I like that! :hatsoff:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts