Dish DVR question

Dugout Doug

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
Does the DVR record things by itself, kinda like the TiVo suggestions?

I programmed a bunch of programs, then it added some by itself, from what I see.

Either that, or I messed up really bad and recorded a bunch of things I never clicked on. Ha

No unless it is a new software update the DVR only records programs that the user programs it to record. You may have selected record all of the episodes of the program or new episodes or a specified time M-F or every day etc. rather than just selecting record this program just this one time. Check your daily schedule and you can see what is set to record every day it is under menu then number 7 daily schedule.:up

I've never had it record shows other then what I tell it, though it does record all the airings even though I tell it to only record new shows. Sucks if there is a marathon of the show, it ends up filling the DVR.

That's the last thing I would want. My DVR recording crap on it's own. I can see it now. I record a show about the "Beaches of Normandy", and my DVR takes that info, and records "Beach Blanket Bimbos" on Cinemax. My wife pulls up the DVR menu to look for her Iron Chef episode, and all hell breaks loose. No thank you. I like my DVR to record only what I tell it to.

Haha, thanks for the responce guys, it was all me.

I just had the install on saturday, this morning, when I was changing channels on one of my TV2's, the OTHER TV2 was changing.

Same freq on the different DVR's.

Any idea on how to change the radio freq on a 722 box? I found the switch on the remote, but not the box itself.

Thanks, I suck.

Dish DVR works much in the same way as TiVo, only the wording has changed. When first setting up the DVR you are presented with a bunch of choices: HD or SD, which episodes, stop time and others - as the default. After setting the default, your ViP unit will use these rules to record episodes. As for TiV-esque "wish list" you the user needs to choose "All episodes," "New episodes," or "Every episode."

If that needs further explanation, "All episodes" will record every episode of a series once, including past episodes until the unit has recorded every episode in existence that has been aired during the DVR's life time. "Every episode" and "New episodes" will record just that.

Another TiVo user error you may encounter is searching "Title" vs. "Description."

Your "radio freq" question has do with "single mode" vs "dual mode." If you turn off "single mode" each TV will command one of the three tuners exclusively and you will loose PiP capability. Regardless of single vs. dual mode, DVR functionality remains supreme and will override all user input.

Thanks for the info, it was helpful, but the I believe I need to ask the question better.

I have 2 mulit room DVR's.

Both UHF remotes are on the same frequency. Thus, they are controlling both DVR's for both 2nd rooms when used.

I found the A/B switch on the back of the 722's remote to change frequency's, where do I change it on the box?

GO to the system info screen, hold down the sat button until it blinks, enter a new rf channel (such as 6) for the remote, then hit pound sign then record button. sat button should blink and the remote rf channel displayed on the system info screen should change to whatever you entered. This should be in the manual in case I am remembering it wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)