Dish DVR recording Extra Innings channel 476

NJeanA

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 19, 2023
florida
Anyone have issues with DVR recording playback of MLB Extra Innings(channels 476) games yesterday? I had 2 games that I set for manual recordings on Hopper3 - but playback on both was an issue. Both show the correct recorded times and full 6 hours 3 mins recorded. One game it kept kicking over to Live tv
The other playback showed it recorded full game last night- tried to watch playback this am, but it just kept showing the advertisement screen to buy the dish sports package Didn’t get to see either game.

I have seen in the past if your recording starts before Dish switches to the feed of the program on, it never switches. So, I have to start one minute+ late.

Reactions: charlesrshell
This is first time this happened to me in past 2 seasons. Have you seen it happening often? I can check recording status if I am home at the time, but if I am not home how can I know?

To be sure I understand correctly- example if the game starts at 2:10 pm the dish guide on 476 I set shows the timer will start at 2pm. I should adjust that timer to start at 2:09 pm?

UPDATE— just recorded a game. The game is recording ( on 476) The playback starts fine, game is there. But I can’t fast forward & No option to resume if I leave the playback. Previous to the past few days this was not an issue. Only option is watch from start or live tv.

Seems this is very much like the issue that happened back in October (with the football games) when H364 came out. It was corrected back then with H365 I seem to recall. Josh had spearheaded that one with the engineers. Sound familiar?

I had a chat with Dish this morning.
They did respond "This is actually a known issue that our tech team is working to resolve. The fix will come with a larger software update so we do not have an exact date for the fix as of yet.

There is nothing you need to do. Some have had success with resetting the Hopper by unplugging it, you can try that if you'd like, until the fix is in place"

I did a hard reboot, but haven't tested it out on a live game yet. That will come later tonight.

Anyone have issues with DVR recording playback of MLB Extra Innings(channels 476) games yesterday? I had 2 games that I set for manual recordings on Hopper3 - but playback on both was an issue. Both show the correct recorded times and full 6 hours 3 mins recorded. One game it kept kicking over to Live tv
The other playback showed it recorded full game last night- tried to watch playback this am, but it just kept showing the advertisement screen to buy the dish sports package Didn’t get to see either game.
Ironically, I had a guy the other day with a Customer who could not get 476 to even come in

I've had similar problems with trying to fast forward. Often it jumps straight to the end of the game. It seems to work sometimes, but not every time. You are entitled to stream MLB.tv through your Dish Extra Innings subscription, so that's a fall back source of any game that's not playing back correctly.

Follow-up—-I did hard reboot and tested out DVR recording of MLB 476 games
Here’s what I noticed—If the recording completes in entirety and you replay hours later on it works where you can fast forward, leave and resume playback.
If you attempt to watch it as it is being recorded it doesn’t allow you to fast forward and it drops you at live tv. The playback options are only to watch from start or watch live.
Hoping this is resolved with software update quickly since it’s difficult to watch a game hours later without having already heard the scores somewhere else