Dish DVR Vs. Cox DVR Vs. TiVo?

I had Cox for a while and had their DVR (the motorola HD DVR) for only a very short while. It sucked, plain and simple. The guide was slow, it was not very good at determining if a show was new (and even worse on realizing that the same show aired later to help avoid conflicts).

There was no skip forward. I tried the suggested way to enable it, and there was actually a code being sent from the remote afterwards. The DVR was just ignoring it. Fast forwarding got old real quick.

So, I set up a SageTV installation running on a home theater PC. Had 6 tuners, could record any of the analog channels. Was very nice.

With the looming digital switchover and not knowing what Cox was going to do, I came back to Dish and am using the 622 DVR. It's very nice, just a few annoyances with it (like the guide not recognizing that a show actually ends at 1 minute past the hour so I lose the end of the program, favorites/season passes/timers not being able to record a program from a different channel if it airs later to help avoid conflicts).

Anyhow, pretty happy with the 622, just hope they get those annoyances addressed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)