Dish DVR Vs. Cox DVR Vs. TiVo?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I had Cox for a while and had their DVR (the motorola HD DVR) for only a very short while. It sucked, plain and simple. The guide was slow, it was not very good at determining if a show was new (and even worse on realizing that the same show aired later to help avoid conflicts).

There was no skip forward. I tried the suggested way to enable it, and there was actually a code being sent from the remote afterwards. The DVR was just ignoring it. Fast forwarding got old real quick.

So, I set up a SageTV installation running on a home theater PC. Had 6 tuners, could record any of the analog channels. Was very nice.

With the looming digital switchover and not knowing what Cox was going to do, I came back to Dish and am using the 622 DVR. It's very nice, just a few annoyances with it (like the guide not recognizing that a show actually ends at 1 minute past the hour so I lose the end of the program, favorites/season passes/timers not being able to record a program from a different channel if it airs later to help avoid conflicts).

Anyhow, pretty happy with the 622, just hope they get those annoyances addressed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts