Dish DVR Wireless Ethernet?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nickolasj80

Original poster
Jun 4, 2009
Texas
I've been seeing posts about how Dish has now enabled the ethernet on the DVR for remote recording management. What I am wondering, is, my network is wireless, does the DVR have the ability to connect to a wireless router for the same purpose?

If not, is this feature expected in the near future?

I've been seeing posts about how Dish has now enabled the ethernet on the DVR for remote recording management. What I am wondering, is, my network is wireless, does the DVR have the ability to connect to a wireless router for the same purpose?

If not, is this feature expected in the near future?

To connect the receiver wirelessly to your router, you need to connect a wireless bridge or wireless game adaptor to the receiver's ethernet port. You can also use the built-in Homeplug on the newer receivers to connect over the electrical grid in your home to your router by plugging in a Homeplug adaptor in an outlet near your router and running a cable from it to one of your router's wired ports.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts