Dish Earnings Call Recap

Wow, that's crazy as d* is saying that HD is driving their sales as well as their HD DVR. I dont think charlie is marketing their product right, and not adding channels is hurting them also. The big hurt could be the lack of NBA pass and Mlb extra innings.

I don't think they care if they lose subs. I thought they did because they will spend a lot on retention when people decide to leave. They seem to be willing to limit programming and costs in order to turn a profit, even at the cost of market share. They seem to be willing to really disappoint a segment of customers. This strategy could work but at the cost of a seriously-reduced profit potential.

You can tell what analists have no idea what they are talking about...

I wish someone would ask about NBA League Pass and GolTV...

Charlie says that consumers are not spending the money on HD so not much as a drive there on the HD product, but they will continue to heavily market it.

Charlie says nothing to report from Sling this year, he says they need to put it in one of Dish Networks set top boxes to make it work. He says that is not that easy to do, but they are working on it.. (Hey Charlie its called a 922) :)

I guess that first statement about says it all with respect to whether we'll see any more national HD any time soon.

The second statement about the Sling tech is astonishing if all the talk about the 922 is correct. Does he not actually know what goes on in his own company?

I think Charlie is just talking to kill time. I haven't a clue of what hes saying now. Just talking circles...

Oh Craig Moffit on the phone now (Hey Craig!)

Question is CHarlie thinks the DTV transition will be delayed...

Charlie hopes its not delayed..

He is not betting one way or the other on it being delayed.

Charlie says that consumers are not spending the money on HD so not much as a drive there on the HD product, but they will continue to heavily market it.

Ouch. How about the drive to keep your current HD customers? Sound more and more like I'll be scheduling a DirecTV install in Feb. Damn, I don't want to have to get used to the HR2X series. But you''re leaving us with little choice, Charlie.

Just got my Nov. bill!!

I was paying $76.42 for a silver HD package and Top 250. On my latest bill they put a premium package charge of $23.32. They said it was a one time charge. I said I don't want Gold HD. I couldn't hear him well as I have a hearing impairment but from what I understood now my bill will be $81.97. I am so confused. I don't have any premium movie channels at all. This must be the price increase that u guys have been talking about or am I being screwed?

Kathy in Ames

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts