Dish Earth

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
While I would no view it for several weeks, I did like the channel and did watch or record pretty regularly. It was most interesting seeing the clouds/weather systems. I shall miss it. RIP, Dish Earth.

Ditto on the best wishes for the east coast.
Dish Earth - It's been Temp. Unavailable every morning for over a week, but has been
viewable later in the day. I saw it yesterday afternoon with a decent picture.
Program guide say Off Air, but lists it as usual for rest of week.

MikeD-C05 said:
I'm betting that the aliens got a hold of the camera to pay us back for our Martian invasion.

Shhh, they are listening. :)

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

I'll miss it too. Wish it had been an HD camera with much better exposure control, so you could actually see something.

Effective October 29th, DISH Earth (Ch 287) will no longer be available due to the cameras being decommissioned. This is all the details that we were provided with. :rip:

Like many of you, I wanted to check out Sandy.

When I saw it gone from the guide, I was sad also. I have a great recording of when it was the first day of Spring 2012. Recorded about 3Am. Shows the thin ring of light all the way around the planet. Nice.
The only way I would have improved that channel was to have it on a more Eastern Sat. Michigan was hard to find most of the time.

RT

cbjbs said:
what does it mean that the camera is being decommissioned?

Means it will no longer be used.

I guess 3 years of direct radiation from the Sun took its toll...

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Well darn, I just assumed the channel moved and had been too lazy to look it up ... but sucks to see it's gone. I also enjoyed watching it, and sometime at night while working I'd just turn it on and listen to whatever music was playing and enjoy the view.

RIP indeed ...

Perhaps this is what the Mayans meant when they ended their calendar signaling the end of the Earth. They were just off by a couple of months.

I wonder if there is a new camera on Echostar XVI, I don't know if we will get that lucky, but we can hope. I always enjoyed watching the earth on television because it put things in perspective. Especially with a "You Are here" sticky note on the television.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts