Dish equipment charge

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cesater

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
I currently have a dual HD/SD 720 DVR and a dual sd 311 receiver and pay $14 equipment rental to D....if I buy my own receivers, will they drop the equipent rental or will they want to charge me for the dish on the roof? $100 plus bill each month has go to go.

I dont know how true that is i just purchased my vip222k and i conferenced with a dishnetwork customer service person he said because i purchased my unit its mine and they dont charge for that granted that the 39.95 a month deal went out the window because if you own your equipment you pay the regular price but no contract can cancel anytime no fee

If your VIP222K is the only receiver on your subscription there will no charge for it, whether you own it or lease it. If it is the second or more, there will be a extra receiver charge for it whether you own it or lease it.

Oh by the way i have the transcript of my conversation with customer service to back it up

That is worthless.

WITHOUT ANY DOUBT WHATSOEVER, YOU WILL BE CHARGED THE SAME, WHETHER YOU OWN OR LEASE. Keep in mind, first receiver does not incur the charge.

cesater said:
I currently have a dual HD/SD 720 DVR and a dual sd 311 receiver and pay $14 equipment rental to D....if I buy my own receivers, will they drop the equipent rental or will they want to charge me for the dish on the roof? $100 plus bill each month has go to go.

Any reciever after the first has an access fee charge wheather you own or lease. Difference is, if your owned reciever tanks, you gotta buy one to replace it, if you lease you can usually get a swap for the shipping cost. If you wanna cut down on your tv bill, cancel it all together, watch tv on your computer ( i know not an option) lol

thats why i went with dishnetwork I heard Directtv charges for all
You heard wrong.
Both companys Charge addtional receiver fees after the first receiver.

D* is $5 for the 2nd and each rooms above that.
E* well, they just make up the fee's as they go.
But ranges from Free on the 2nd room- up to $10 depending on your equipment.

Mirror or Lease fee's

4 rooms D* fee's are $15
4 rooms E* fee's are $17-$30

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts