Dish Equipment Purchase

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I had a question that I hope someone can answer. I already had a hopper 3 system with the EA hybrid lnb. I purchased another hopper 3 and a DPH 42 switch and got everything hooked up. Both hopper 3’s are working, but after the fact I read that the DPH 42 switch will not work with hybrid lnb’s. My system is working so I would like to know if there is a problem for me to continue running the system with the hybrid lnb’s or if I need to change them. Thank you
Do you happen to know which version of the Hybrid LNB you have? The original Hybrid LNB's would not work with the DPH42 switch, apparently. However, there is now a new "Slimline" version of the Hybrid LNB. So, perhaps things have changed with the newer model.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I installed the EA hybrid dish in 2018, so I don’t think it is the slimline version. Yes I have 2 hopper 3 systems and as of now everything works fine. I just did not know if long term there was a problem being that I read the DPH42 would not work with the hybrid lnb’s.

So the purpose of the two host ports on the Duo is what?
If you meant "on the DPH..." (Hopper Duo only has one host port.) Certain models of Hopper can be connected directly to the Hybrid LNB, using a Duo Hybrid Hub (or two Solo Hybrid Hubs). (Now I see you meant Duo Hub when you said "Duo." Sorry, I got confused.) So, you could have two Hopper 1's, or two Hopper 2's, or one of each on the Hybrid LNB. All other models of Hopper (unfortunately, including the Hopper Duo) will kill the second port on the DPH LNB when they are connected to the first port. The Duo Hub could also be used with a DPH42 switch, in order to hook up two Hopper 3's. That was not your question, though. You asked whether the Duo Hub could be used instead of the DPH42.
Hmmm, on rethinking that, wouldn't a Duo Hub be a better choice for two H3's on a DPH LNB rather than a DPH 42?

Yeah, that was a nice nickname that another member gave me. I also considered calling myself "The Wally Llama." ;)
You made my day with that one.
Bernie Sanders GIF

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts