Dish Equipment Question

hemway

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Arizona
Dish Equipment Question - Should I Go With A Dish 1000?

I have a tree that is getting tall enough that it is starting to interfere with my Dish signal. I guess it's time to move the dish because if I cut down the tree my wife will shoot me.

I currently have a Dish 811, a 501, and an old 2800 for receivers, and don't currently subscribe to the HD package from Dish because the content isn't worth the extra cost at this time. I have a Quad LNB on my current Dish 500 dish. If and when Dish does decide to move to MPEG4 receivers, I'll probably look at replacing my 2800 with a dual tuner HD PVR and upgrade the 811 to an MEG4 receiver (if they do a swap). Not sure what I'll do with the 501, but if they leave some MEG2 programming up there, I'll keep that around for the spare bedroom.

Here's my question, Because I’m going to move my dish, should I move to the Dish 1000? From everything I've been reading on this site, once they switch to MEG4, Dish will start offering more and betted HD content.

Also, if I do go with the new Dish 1000, what am I going to need for switches?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Dish 1000 comes with a Dp Dual and a DPP twin LNB that will not work with a DP34 switch so in your case with your future receivers being dual, you need a 44 switch.

the 2800 will show programming for 110 and 119 satellites with a 44 switch without the need of a DishPro adapter however a DP receiver must be plugged into port 1 of the switch with a power inserter on that line that comes with the 44 switch.

I don't think Dish will let you upgrade to Dish 1000 without the HD programming and they won't give you a 44 switch without a dual tuner or even if they say they will the automated work order will generate a trouble call for "signal" and doesn't list additional equipment to bring so its best to wait untill you decide to take the leap of faith. I recommend you moving the dish yourself for the time being, these guys can step you through it :)

Thanks Tekken. I was thinking of purchasing the equipment and doing the install myself because I'm getting tired for pulling out the ladder every month to trim the trees (they grow fast here in AZ). Right now I have 3 RG6 cables that run to the dish location back to a wiring closet in the center of my house, and from there I've got 2 RG6 cables over to the family room and 1 RG6 to each of 2 bedrooms.

When I install the Dish 1000, I was planning on pulling 3 new RG6 cables to the wiring closet from the new dish location and installing any required switch equipment in the closet. If I purchase a Dish 1000 from a site like the 'DishStore', can I install it and connect my current receivers to it without buying a 44 switch or do I need the switch even though I'm not going to order HD programming until they come out with their MPEG4 recievers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)