dish equipment verification teams...what do they ask.

I really don't see a problem with someone taking a box to the hunting camp for the weekend and bringing it back.

I do see why they would be pissed if you were setting up your friend next door with service on you or something like that.

If the account is in a friend's name, couldn't you send them a copy of the friend's electric bill?

If Dish ever audited us and gave us such trouble, they'd get a goodbye pretty quick. I understand that they want to prevent stacking...but it shouldn't be the responsibility of an honest customer to prove that they are not doing so. Seems like Dish goes in with the "guilty until proven innocent" attitude. Seems like the stackers will still find a way around it while honest customers can still have issues.

Unfortunately a lot of companies now take this attitude with customers. A customer has to defend themselves right from the beginning anymore. The sad thing is that as you pointed out, the cheaters and thieves still find away to do what they want, while an honest customer has to go all the hassles.

Ghpr13:(

Been a Dish sub, off and on, for several years. Never had a call to verify anything. Of course we always kept the phone line plugged in, that $5.00 credit each month was enough for me to make sure it worked. Seems to me that providing a credit, per receiver, for keeping it plugged into the phone line or broadband, would actually save Dish money.

Ross

Been a Dish sub, off and on, for several years. Never had a call to verify anything. Of course we always kept the phone line plugged in, that $5.00 credit each month was enough for me to make sure it worked. Seems to me that providing a credit, per receiver, for keeping it plugged into the phone line or broadband, would actually save Dish money.

Ross

I'm the same way plus I really like Dishnetwork's Caller ID(it always works) compared to DirecTVs.;)

Ross

removing the 5 buck phone line credit was probably the deciding factor in my dummping dish....

now E doesnt give the discount so they make more NAZI calls, irritate more customers and no doubt lose some of the ones feeling harrased....

E is doing lots of things that will increase churn, big price increases etc

Dish is using 2 Canadian DBS slots, 72.7 and 129. The issue here is Canadian Law, and it would not surprise me is policing Canadian users is not part of the deal.

I've never gotten a call. Probably because Dish people did the install (could verify I was in the US), kept in on the internet (could verify a US IP address), and I have 1 receiver (makes account stacking a bit hard). I bet 90% of Dish customers have never gotten a call.

removing the 5 buck phone line credit was probably the deciding factor in my dummping dish....

now E doesnt give the discount so they make more NAZI calls, irritate more customers and no doubt lose some of the ones feeling harrased....

E is doing lots of things that will increase churn, big price increases etc

I take it we should add this to your list of "
was probably the deciding factor in my dummping dish....":D

Ghpr13:D

I've gone through the audit, if your legal you will have no problem. If you're in Canada, or stacking accounts expect to pay the price.

If you are legal and in the US and rent an apartment or house with all utilities included you will fail the audit.

Dish also get very suspicious if you tell them that one of your receivers is in a room that is locked and you are unable to get in at the moment.

They can get suspicious all they want.. what about those people (more and more everyday) that have cell only and when Dish calls your not at home???? Do they understand that one can't just jump into a teleporter device to get to the house to read numbers off???

Naw this check system just needs to go, there isn't that big of a problem to utilize it IMO.

I've gone through the audit, if your legal you will have no problem. If you're in Canada, or stacking accounts expect to pay the price.

this statement is truely crap. you can fail very easily. just brath a litte to heavy while running from room to room and you fail.

Two or three times a year I take a receiver out of the house, put it in the camper and go all over the US. So far never had a problem, "yet".

I guess you'd have to send them a copy of the lease contract. I agree though that this audit nazi stuff reeks to high heaven. It's a good way to lose legitimate subscribers.

E should of bought the technology so all boxes are on the common dish system and been done with it.........

I think ALL these customer unfriendly policies are going to come back and bite E bad, they truly need a wake up call:)

Two or three times a year I take a receiver out of the house, put it in the camper and go all over the US. So far never had a problem, "yet".

Dish will allow for a customer to put only one reciever in an RV/camper, but only under the following conditions: The receiver must be purchased and not leased. If agent hears that a receiver in an RV is leased then they must fill out a form to the EVT (equipment verification team). Dish will only let a customer us a receiver in the US. If you meantion that you in Canada, Mexico, or any where else outside the US, then you could possibly have your service shut off untill you pass an EVT account audit. Dish will also require an RV declaration form to be filled out too.

I do the same, but when I get back home, it goes back into the house.

Therefore I'm usually watching TV in one location. In that method, Dish won't have a problem, and you won't fail any audits.

When I had Bell ExpressVU in the US the rules were you could never contact them directly by phone. As soon as they saw that your call was originating from the US and not Canada, they would permanently kill your receiver. As a result I could not plug the receiver into the phone line, I could only have a single receiver and there was no pay per view. I worked through a Canadian broker to establish a Canadian address and paid them an annual fee for the service.

Oddly I was able to pay Bell with my US based credit card and they never once questioned that.

When I had Bell ExpressVU in the US the rules were you could never contact them directly by phone. As soon as they saw that your call was originating from the US and not Canada, they would permanently kill your receiver. As a result I could not plug the receiver into the phone line, I could only have a single receiver and there was no pay per view. I worked through a Canadian broker to establish a Canadian address and paid them an annual fee for the service.

Oddly I was able to pay Bell with my US based credit card and they never once questioned that.

Isn't it amazing that when it comes to money, these companies know no boundaries...???

Ghpr13:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts