Dish External Hard drive successfully backed up!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smooth28la

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2004
I was able to make a backup/clone of my 2TB external hard drive to another 2TB using the hard drive duplicator. All shows seem to play fine.

I have not tried adding any new shows to it.

Has anyone also done it as well? Is there any technical problem with using the back up drive (since I'm using the original one for another purpose)?

Should not be any problems, but you will have to reformat the original drive in windows, since it is now formatted Linux, which involves a few steps. So the question begs to be asked, why did you go through the bother of it?

Should not be any problems, but you will have to reformat the original drive in windows, since it is now formatted Linux, which involves a few steps. So the question begs to be asked, why did you go through the bother of it?
I'm guessing to have a backup copy of their external hard drive?

I guess I should work on my reading comprehension, somehow missed the last part of the original post.

I'm guessing to have a backup copy of their external hard drive?

I guess I should work on my reading comprehension!
He said he was going to use it for another purpose. Which is why I'm puzzled.

Yeah as long as it backed up should be fine you can use what you want but windows will work fine as well or you can use a 3rd party app.

The original drive was an WD-AV drive, which is more suitable for Tivo. I'm upgrading one of my Tivo's to a 2TB.

I can use cheaper drives for DISH's external hard drive purposes.

I didn't use Windows to clone. I used hardware-based method of Amazon product ASIN B003ZDLATE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)