Dish fighting with Meredith Corp?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Maybe for you, but when you have a limited package of channels losing 3 locals (when you can't get them ota) seems major. Some channels I can stream, but not everyone has that option - probably why we pay so much to have Dish.

Can you put up an aerial?

Dish promise took down Meredith dispute as well. Might be over. I think is was very funny that WNEM, Dish told you to write Sam Bernstein and tell him is commercials would not be seen on Dish

Reactions: jcanavera
No scrolling on my Meredith channel and DISH promise has no mention of them so maybe a good sign, maybe an extension...... The Channel website does still have the message to DISH subscribers. If this does get resolved within a reasonable time or no take down that should put more pressure on Tribune because that dispute is already longer than most any other locals dispute, certainly any conglomerate of locals.
(I am aware of the dispute another poster mentioned that was one channel, it lasted about 9 months or so but that had other aspects to it, one was that station ended up having no local news, weather etc.

Also keep in mind had Meredith not made a public relations move and this doses get resolved before the deadline we may have never even known about it.

No scrolling on my Meredith channel and DISH promise has no mention of them so maybe a good sign, maybe an extension...... The Channel website does still have the message to DISH subscribers. If this does get resolved within a reasonable time or no take down that should put more pressure on Tribune because that dispute is already longer than most any other locals dispute, certainly any conglomerate of locals.
(I am aware of the dispute another poster mentioned that was one channel, it lasted about 9 months or so but that had other aspects to it, one was that station ended up having no local news, weather etc.

Also keep in mind had Meredith not made a public relations move and this doses get resolved before the deadline we may have never even known about it.
Yes WLAJ repeats WLNS news as they are on a share service agreement. WLNS does not own WLAJ though they share the same studios

500 miles from Portland OR with mtns in between. (Post said I could't get OTA)

Excuse me, I'm sorry I didn't read your whole dissertation about OTA reception. Is the Eugene or Bend market on a spotbeam you can receive? If so, you might "move" to one of those while the disputes are ongoing.

Reactions: Tampa8
KCTV in Kansas City is an imported CBS channel into my DMA since we only have ABC, FOX and CW in St. Joseph. Tonight, I was watching CBS and it was the Topeka, KS channel instead of KCTV.

Nothing official - but is the Blackout averted? I think all indications are it has been. No more "DISH Subscriber read this" on the locals websites, no more DISH Promise, I saw no scrolls today

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts