DISH Fights for a Fair Deal, Tegna Prioritizes Greed above Consumers

Has anyone heard about any progress with TEGNA? Any ideas on how much longer this might drag out? Just wondering...

Too bad Locast isn’t around still.

We lost two stations here in Hartford. Fox 61 and CW 20.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
Losing Locast really ticked me, but I am not surprised the way the Big 4 has a strangle-hold. Portland lost KGW (NBC) and Seattle lost KING & KONG. KONG is an Ind, all owned by Tegna. We may get to the place where the OTA Nets will no longer be carried by satellite or cable in the future. I wish an out of market station could be carried while the fight goes on. That way, the viewers still would have their net(s). These fights are very unfair to the viewer. At least in my case, I do get OTA, so it doesn't affect me this time.

The only OTA channels we are currently looking to guarantee guide information for are the Big 4 (CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX) networks. Otherwise, it would take an incredibly long amount of time for the guide to download.

If you're missing guide information on any of the Big 4 channels via OTA, feel free to reach out with photos and your DMA.

The only OTA channels we are currently looking to guarantee guide information for are the Big 4 (CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX) networks. Otherwise, it would take an incredibly long amount of time for the guide to download.

If you're missing guide information on any of the Big 4 channels via OTA, feel free to reach out with photos and your DMA.

brittanygarden We only receive guide data for 1 of the Big 4 OTA networks. We have guide data for NBC (006-01) but not CBS (004-01), FOX (008-01), or ABC (026-01) - I've attached photos of the guide for all 4 channels. Our DMA is New Orleans, LA (zip is 70065).

Attachments

• ch4.jpeg
    ch4.jpeg
    302.9 KB · Views: 120
  • ch8.jpeg
    ch8.jpeg
    287.1 KB · Views: 127
  • ch26.jpeg
    ch26.jpeg
    304.2 KB · Views: 130
RED HERRING ALERT!!

Twice the data is not very much, if necessary drop one or two days off the other end.

Channel guide data is miniscule compared to one HD channel.

• Love
Reactions: TheKrell

For the Columbus, Ohio DMA the OTA Fox channel was moved from 28-01 to 6-03 when ATSC 3.0 was implemented. OTA 28-01 shows up as Fox in the Dish Guide but it is actually TBD. The Dish Guide for 6-03 says Fox28 but does not contain the actual guide data.

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brittanygarden We only receive guide data for 1 of the Big 4 OTA networks. We have guide data for NBC (006-01) but not CBS (004-01), FOX (008-01), or ABC (026-01) - I've attached photos of the guide for all 4 channels. Our DMA is New Orleans, LA (zip is 70065).
Hi! We have already escalated this issue with the New Orleans DMA and are waiting on a resolution.

For the Columbus, Ohio DMA the OTA Fox channel was moved from 28-01 to 6-03 when ATSC 3.0 was implemented. OTA 28-01 shows up as Fox in the Dish Guide but it is actually TBD. The Dish Guide for 6-03 says Fox28 but does not contain the actual guide data.
Hi! Have you already rescanned the OTA locals? If not, let's try that first. If so, I will escalate the issue.

Hi! Have you already rescanned the OTA locals? If not, let's try that first. If so, I will escalate the issue.

Yes I have rescanned the Hopper3 OTA and also reloaded the guide. As various DMA markets implement ATSC 3.0 broadcasts they move their existing broadcasts to a shared broadcast frequency which is called the “the Lighthouse”. They do this to make room for the new ATSC 3.0 broadcasts. They are required by the FCC to maintain their existing ATSC 1.0 broadcasts for a minimum of 5 years. As more markets add the ATSC 3.0 broadcasts (Nextgen TV) Dish will have more markets where they will need to change their Guide. Dish must be aware of the change since OTA channel 6-03 says Fox 28. They just need to have 6-03 populated with the Fox 28 guide. As I stated earlier this will be the case for at least 5 years.

Reactions: charlesrshell
But with more programming “channels” per ATSC 3 frequency, which ones do satcos and cablecos carry? That seems to be a fly in the ointment.

Reactions: charlesrshell
But with more programming “channels” per ATSC 3 frequency, which ones do satcos and cablecos carry? That seems to be a fly in the ointment.

For the foreseeable future I believe that the ATSC 3.0 broadcasts will be the same as the current ATSC 1.0. Although ATSC has the capability to do 4K and also interactive programming no broadcaster is doing that. Keep in mind that only a few high end TV’s from only 3 companies have an ATSC 3.0 tuner. There is no government mandate to phase out ATSC 1.0 broadcasts. In fact they must maintain their ATSC 1.0 broadcast for at least 5 years. Thus I don’t see ATSC 3.0 making much progress in acceptance.

Via chat, I asked for and am getting a $5 credit for losing my local Tegna station. They are also sending me a free indoor antenna and well.....why not?

Also, as an aside, it's Tegna and Tenga. If you Google Tenga, you get some....interesting.....results for what they call "male pleasure items". :oops:

More efficient use of bandwidth. After they can dump ATSC 1, they will have more space to do with as they like. Today, frequencies are being shared by multiple stations. Once that’s over and done, …

More efficient use of bandwidth. After they can dump ATSC 1, they will have more space to do with as they like. Today, frequencies are being shared by multiple stations. Once that’s over and done, …
The BROADCASTERS will have more space, agreed. But the comment was about MVPDs deciding which of the new channels they'd carry. ATSC 3 does nothing to give MVPDs more bandwidth for more channels.