DISH Fights for a Fair Deal, Tegna Prioritizes Greed above Consumers

The BROADCASTERS will have more space, agreed. But the comment was about MVPDs deciding which of the new channels they'd carry. ATSC 3 does nothing to give MVPDs more bandwidth for more channels.

It also offers them a over the subscription TV service for the future. It is only offered in one market currently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the Baton Rouge, La market the CW WBRL on 44.2 doesn't have guide data any more. It did for a few years, then poof it was gone?
20211020_121642.jpg

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have trouble accepting that free OTA stations that are advertiser supported are not paying Dish (and others) for increased viewers. Advertisers pay more for more viewers, do they not?

Reactions: N6BY
I have trouble accepting that free OTA stations that are advertiser supported are not paying Dish (and others) for increased viewers. Advertisers pay more for more viewers, do they not?

That's how it used to be, they are now supported by pay TV and with more and more cord cutters, they need to squeeze more and more out of the people left subscribing to traditional services.

Yes for the channels dish carries at minimum, and probably for most of the subchannels they dont.
That is not true. Dish carries CBS channel 10 in Lafayette, LA, but does not have the guide data for 10.1 OTA. I have called and complained for 20 months with no solution.

That is not true. Dish carries CBS channel 10 in Lafayette, LA, but does not have the guide data for 10.1 OTA. I have called and complained for 20 months with no solution.
The Dish employee on this thread (post #44) seems to be looking for examples like yours, I would recommend getting in contact with them. Sometimes it’s about getting the right set of eyes on a problem instead of dealing with phone reps.
The only OTA channels we are currently looking to guarantee guide information for are the Big 4 (CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX) networks. Otherwise, it would take an incredibly long amount of time for the guide to download.

If you're missing guide information on any of the Big 4 channels via OTA, feel free to reach out with photos and your DMA.

Your photos must be accessible to the OS. Then write your message, click on the icon above the text that looks like two white mountains below a black sky, this is the insert image button. Open explorer, find the picture and drag and drop it into the box that opens when you click the icon. Wait a few seconds and the picture pops in to your message. You can type more stuff in before or after the picture.

Reactions: TheKrell