Dish for directv International

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

galaxy

Original poster
Aug 20, 2006
Hi there,

I need HELP. I have a directv box that subscribe to International channel (Galaxy 3C - 95 degree west) and 101, we are trying to install the dish but we can only get 101 we can not get 95 degree. My question is how can we get the 95 degree, what dish and LNB do I need to buy. Also what type of switch do I need to combine this two LNB.

Here is the description of directv

DirecTV International Satellite Dish

The DirecTV International Satellite Dish is specialized for the reception of international and local market programming from DirecTV satellites at 95 degrees.
This dish is 87cm across, so you will need a bit more space to mount it.
This dish is normally used along with another DirecTV dish.

thank in advance...

From what I understand to get international channels you need to have that 36 inch oval dish you are talking about, it has two lnbs, one for 95W and another for 101W, it is the 95W (Galaxy 3C ) that requires a larger antenna. I am trying setup the same configuration, and understand we need a switch Zinwell 6802, with a flex input for 95W, the 101W lnb connects to 18V and 13V inputs on the switch (it is a dual lnb, one for odd, one for even transponders). I have seen that some people on Ebay advertize a 4x4 Zinwell switch for connecting 95 and 101 satellites, but i am not sure about that. I know that at most websites that sell the international dish, they say that 6802 switch is needed, and a receiver which understands flex inputs (newer receivers, like D11 and later). You need to adjust the 95W antenna to get strong signal yourself - I just used an FTA receiver, programmed one of the transponders for 95W, got data from the internet (it only had C-band data build-in), that way i was able to first, make sure it is the right satellite, and fine tune the signal and quality to the max. Verified reception of some 3 free Chinese channels from 95W. You could probably just use a satellite signal meter, but there might be a problem that this is the wrong satellite.

In any case, you have to have the 95W fine tuned already before you run auto detection on your receiver, taht is the only way to add the 95W, it is not in the list of satellites to adjust the levels with your receiver.

This is only theoretical knowledge, hopefully i will be able to verify this setup in a day or so, when my new dual DirecTV lnb arrives in the mail (i was trying to utilize Dish Network lnb,but that didn't quite work with a switch).

I understand there are some cooler signal meters, costing some 400-500 dollars - "Birddog", which can tell you which satellite you are looking at, but that is out of my price range. 95 is very close to 101 and near 97 (Intelsat 5). Good thing i have an FTA receiver, as both 97 and 95 have free channels, so you can identify which sat is which. Look at www.lyngsat.com for more information about the frequencies and channel listings in that regard.

One thing i will tell you, Dish network is way more friendly as far as the installation goes, you just point and use your receiver to fine tune. This DirecTV deal with "shadow" satellites (95W) is bizzare, perhaps they don't want you to install it yourself and want to provide business for their retailers/installers, just like the car manufacturers, these days, make the under the hood space so packed with stuff that it is hard to get good access, or do anything without complicated tools.

Last edited:
galaxy said:
Hi there,

I need HELP. I have a directv box that subscribe to International channel (Galaxy 3C - 95 degree west) and 101, we are trying to install the dish but we can only get 101 we can not get 95 degree. My question is how can we get the 95 degree, what dish and LNB do I need to buy. Also what type of switch do I need to combine this two LNB.

Here is the description of directv

DirecTV International Satellite Dish

The DirecTV International Satellite Dish is specialized for the reception of international and local market programming from DirecTV satellites at 95 degrees.
This dish is 87cm across, so you will need a bit more space to mount it.
This dish is normally used along with another DirecTV dish.

thank in advance...

Maybe I can help you to find out the Elevation and Azimuth for the 95W by using the H20. So, what is your zip code?

About the LNB, you should choose the frequency range in 950 ~ 1450 MHz.

About the multiswitch, it all depend how many receiver you want to use.
If 4 or less then 4, then you can use zinwell 4x4 multiswitch. Connect the 2 cables of 101W to the 18V & 13V of the switch. Then, one cable of 95W connect to 18V/22kHz of the multiswitch.
If you need more than 4 outputs, then you can use zinwell sam6802 or wb68. 2 cables of 101W connect to 18V & 13V of the switch and 1 cable connect to the flexport 1.

After that, do not forget to do the auto detect.

DIRECTV LNB for Filipino Channels on 95W

First of all, thanks for the information so far about International channels on 95W. I have just one question:

To receive the Filipino channels on 95W Galaxy 3C, is it true that I have to use a linear type LNB since, according to Lyngsat, the frequency is Horizontal?

I am using two different dishes, one (8') for DIRECTV on the 101W and another dish (6') on the 95W and connecting the two 101W coax cables to 13V and 18V on my multiswitch and only one cable from the 95W to the 18V 22KHz input on the same multiswitch.

I am receiving all the channels from the 101W that I pay for, but the 95W dish I have a DIRECTV circular LNB.

Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Bob,

Thanks for the information. I was pretty sure I needed to swap out the LNB. I have ordered one off eBay. Here are the specs. This should work, right?

Input Frequency Range: 10.7~12.75GHz

F/D Ratio: 0.6

Conversion Gain: 60dB(Typ.)

Input Interface: Waveguide WR-75

Cross Pol. Isolation: 25dB (Typ.)

Noise Figure: 0.3dB(Typ.)

Gain Flatness: ±1dB/36MHz

Image Rejection: 45dB (Min.)

L.O. Frequency: 9.75/10.6GHz, 9.75/10.75GHz

L.O. Phase Noise: -70 dBc/Hz @ 10KHz
-90 dBc/Hz @ 100KHz
-110 dBc/Hz @ 1MHz

L.O. Frequency Stability: ±2.5MHz @ -40?~+60?

Output Frequency Range: 950~2050MHz/950~2150MHz

Output Power: 0dB (Min.)
(at 1dB gain compression)

Output Connector: 75?
F Type Female

Band Switching Pulse: 0/22KHz Tone

Polarity Switching Voltage: H: 16~18v V: 12~14.5v

D.C. Current Consumption: 100mA (Max.)

Operating Temperature: -40?~+60?

Thank you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)