Dish for Mexico

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TOM-mc

Original poster
Jun 8, 2011
NC
What size dish do I need and what LMB? I am located in Huatulco Mexico at 15.5 N and 96.5 W . This is about 300 miles from the boarder of Guadalajara. on the Pacific . I will be driving down so I have got to be sure of the right equipment or no good TV! Thank

I just talked to a guy who has a 6ft dish and he is getting dish. He said for me to get a 10 ft solid which would be better. He didn't say what lmb to use maybe someone could shead some light on this!

standard 101 dss lnb will do just fine. giving the info you gave on the location dish pointer shows

Elevation: 62.3°
Azimuth (true): 176.1°
Azimuth (magn.): 169.4°

Info above is for a standard dtv offset 15 deg dish and your c-ban 10' solid will be direct with the lnb centered so elevation on your dish will be 77deg give or take.

its a moot point if its a prime focus (C-Band) or a 18" dish. The elevation amrkings are the same. The smaller dishes take the offset into consideration

Also I get 71 degrees for elevation and 192 for azimuth

dishpointer is giving wrong info. Whjen you plug in the OP's loc (15N 96.5W) down where it gives the info it says the loc is 23.6N 102W which gives the info rocket posted

the info I posted is from thelist which in this case is more accurate ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)