Dish for RV using dual Wally recievers

frf319k

Original poster
Dec 18, 2018
Florida
I have been stalking this site for some time and have gained some good information and knowledge from it and now ready to expand that by my first post. We have been full time stationary in our RV for about a year and was able to used a "house based" set up with Direct TV in our 5th wheel. We have moved locations and starting my RV living trial period in preparation to start travelling. We switched to DISH as my research showed it was simpler and cheaper to use as a travelling full time Rv'r. My wife enjoys the convenience of DVR's and has numerous cable shows she likes but I am having issues with my current set up over the last 3 months.

I am currently using a Winegard carryout G3 running 2 Wallys (1 in Living and 1 in Bedroom) each with EHD DVR. I am aware that using the carryout limits me to one satellite at a time, my issues are that my Wally's seem to continually drop the signal even if both are on the same channel and the "main" Wally in the living room will continually refresh itself. Looking through these threads....could that be due to coax cable length to the Carryout? I had to run 50' in order to clear trees.

I have also seen great information here for the web site TV4RV.com so have a few questions

Is anyone here running 2 Wally's in an RV using a Dish setup from them? I assume if I get the 1000.2 with HYBRID LNBF this will alleviate my issue with each Wally competing for satellites? I will be able to watch shows broadcast on different satellites simultaneously on each wally ... Only 1 Coax cable comes from the dish to the RV? If so can I split it using a regular cable splitter to send signal to each of the RV inputs to LR and BR or do I need a special switch to do this?

My other issue is the DVR's on the Wally being unreliable .... I typically use one to record locals which has an OTA attached as I can't lock into our local channel satellite here and the other to record satellite channels so am assuming that they should never be competing for satellites since one is using the OTA tuner hopefully getting a dish instead of automatic dome satellite will alleviate this issue as well.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts