Dish for RV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HobbyTalk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
SW Florida
I go camping about every other weekend in the summer and head south for a couple months in the winter. Finally got tired of OTA only so I bought a 211K and a Wineguard Carryout RV antenna. What I plan on doing is adding the 211K as a 2nd receiver on my home account and just put in the RV when I travel. I know if I'm out of the spotbeam that I won't get locals but is there anything I need to look out for?

The difficulty of aiming the dish for 3 satellites. Practice at home several times. The more you do it the easier it becomes.

The difficulty of aiming the dish for 3 satellites. Practice at home several times. The more you do it the easier it becomes.

I'd bet the Wineguard dish is single focus. He'll probably want to point at 129 or 72.7, whichever he has a better LOS to.

HobbyTalk, check out The List on the top of the page. It'll tell you what sats carry the programs you wish to receive. Anytime you change to a different sat you'll need to run a "check switch" test again.

No problem on sighting. You just drop it on the ground, press a button and it finds the sats. It is single focus but it moves between sats when it has to.

The site says it will not work with HD at 110 degrees. Does it not work with any Dish HD channels on other sats. HD Absolute is all that I get.

I'm from NM. As for locals, I discovered that when I was camping west of Phoenix, all I had to do was call DISH and give them any ole' address in Phoenix as a temporary address. DISH then gave me Phoenix locals. This is how you can get ABC, NBC and CBS and FOX when you're several hundred miles from home. When you come home, call DISH and change the address back to your normal one.

It will work with all Dish HD channels from all I have read by actual users. It will not work with Directv HD channels. You can not use a dual tuner receiver with it since it will only pick up one sat at a time. You can use for either EA or WA, it will find whatever sats are visible.

The site says it will not work with HD at 110 degrees. Does it not work with any Dish HD channels on other sats. HD Absolute is all that I get.

Jerry,

The Winegard Carry out has a number of DIP switches to set up the Dish and LNBF's. This Dish can be used with either DirecTV or Dish Network, if you read the details the Carryout can NOT receive HD content from 110 if you choose to use DirecTV, because DirecTV uses KA frequencies at 110 and the Carryout can only receive KU bands.

The Winegard Dish can receive all HD content from Dish Network. Winegards Carryout firmware will work as a Western Arc Dish (119,110, 129, or Hybrid Mode 119,110, 61.5, or Eastern Arc Mode 61.5, 72.7, and 77).

John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)