DISH for RV

I'm hoping that someone with a leased hopper and a owned receiver will try turning off the leased one with mydish to see if it lets you shut off a leased receiver..Notice it says you can turn the purchased receivers you own off and on..I have Outdoor account and if I try to turn off all 3 receivers I get this message

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201105-194601.png
    Screenshot_20201105-194601.png
    37 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
I believe they should have said that you can only turn on/off receivers on customer owned equipment..Now with that being said can you only turn on/off the owned equipment??Have you tried turning off the hopper?? I can't see how they could let you turn that off
Correct. Customer owned equipment only. Here is the next screen after selecting Turn Receivers On/Off:
1604679826047.png

Rally not a lease but Dish needs a consistent cash flow to pay off the receiver they are letting you use. That is why you connect suspend an un-owned receiver. Purchased units are paid off and that is why they can be suspended.

When I was chatting with Dish about our account, I was told the ability to turn off all the receivers on an Outdoor account required them to be connected through a Tailgater antenna. Since we’re using a fixed antenna for our cabin, we can shut off all but one of our ViP 211 receivers.

When I was chatting with Dish about our account, I was told the ability to turn off all the receivers on an Outdoor account required them to be connected through a Tailgater antenna. Since we’re using a fixed antenna for our cabin, we can shut off all but one of our ViP 211 receivers.
You can't turn all receivers off since that would effectively shut down your account. You can shut them down with an Outdoor account by just not paying the next month's bill though. A Tailgater should nothing to do with it. I have no idea why Dish would even care which antenna you're using. I suspect the CSR you spoke with was either misinformed or leading up to trying to sell you a Dish branded Tailgater or the Dish branded Winegard Playmaker.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)