Dish Forum has more then 2x amount of post...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bshef

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
then us here in the Direct TV Forums....

Thoughts?

bshef, several us are really trying to beef up the D* area and increase the number of posters and readers. Even Scott has installed D* at his house to evaluate them as well as provide more insight then just E*. I am not sure we will ever surpass E* but we are definitely taking a proactive step to improve and increase the D* area. Your posts, thoughts, advice and questions will only improve this area.

I remember when the VOOM forums had more posts than anyone. Things were always going on there. E* forums are the same way. Lots of speculation, lots of bug reports. D* is more stable, but less interesting. :)

I think this area will go nuts when the new sat launches and we get closer to the new HD activations. August/September is going to be tons of fun over here.

At one time all DirecTV receivers were plug and play, you plugged them in and you were watching TV.

Now with their newer receivers such as the HR20 that "Bullet proof" reliability of the DirecTV receivers is gone. In my week with DirecTV I found them more buggy then any existing DirecTV receiver.

In the past we use to joke that our Dish area was so large because "Dish folks are trying to watch TV while DirecTV customers are actually watching TV"

Times have changed and no folks with DirecTV are looking for help with their equipment while the Dish customers are now seeing more solid receivers (although not bug free)

I have put my money where my mouth is and have decided to add DirecTV to my lineup so that I personally help support our DirecTV members better. In addition I am taking steps to improve our DirecTV further.

We are working to move forward, and this move may rock the boat a bit, but I am willing to take that chance for you our members. :)

I think its because Directv hardy ever has anything going on. The biggest news is the New Satellites ,,that still aren't even in the sky yet. It seems like Dish would have alot more to talk about.Every time I go on their site I see more channels added.The only thing Directv seems to be spending all their time on is a $1500 portable Tv.And Crappy Game lounge.

I have put my money where my mouth is and have decided to add DirecTV to my lineup so that I personally help support our DirecTV members better. In addition I am taking steps to improve our DirecTV further.

I applaud your actions.

I am one who joined this forum for voOM and when it ended chose D* because I was betting on their potential.

I driffted to a more D*centric forum but check back from time to time. I would love to be back here, frankly most people here are friendlier and willing to help an old man you is trying yo stay on top of this new fangled TV stuff.

Thanks Scott

Ten years from now when the entire country has fiber-to-the-home, the only group receiving television programming en masse via satellite will be Rural America. D* and E* will be forced to consolidate their fleet of satellites, and they will likely use Telco and Cable infrustructures to deliver video programming to their customers.

The only constant is change.. Does anyone remember when AOL used to service tens of millions of customers? Does anyone remember when it was almost mandatory to have an IBM Selectric typewriter in the office?

I still miss the VOOM DBS Forums, but such is life...

10 years all Fiber? I am 20 miles outside of Hartford (a decent second tier city) and I don't even have DSL. Its wooded but not necessarily considered rural. So fiber to home might be pushing it.

Ten years from now when the entire country has fiber-to-the-home, the only group receiving television programming en masse via satellite will be Rural America. D* and E* will be forced to consolidate their fleet of satellites, and they will likely use Telco and Cable infrustructures to deliver video programming to their customers.

The only constant is change.. Does anyone remember when AOL used to service tens of millions of customers? Does anyone remember when it was almost mandatory to have an IBM Selectric typewriter in the office?

I still miss the VOOM DBS Forums, but such is life...

C'mon Riff You live in Spot. Do you really think verizon going to wire up entire cities?.

10 years all Fiber? I am 20 miles outside of Hartford (a decent second tier city) and I don't even have DSL. Its wooded but not necessarily considered rural. So fiber to home might be pushing it.

Yeah I agree. It will be much longer than that before we see all fiber.

Yeah I agree. It will be much longer than that before we see all fiber.

Definitely. I am in AT&T territory and they are trying to use copper to push video. So fiber isn't even in their 5 year plan. I think its completely wrong but copper isn't going anywhere for the majority of America unless AT&T has an epiphany.

I had the AT&T IPTV Service and canceled it because of all the problems it had, but the biggest one being I could only watch 1 HD show in my house at a time (and I have 5 HDTV's in the house)

To make matters worse they announced that they will not support multipule HD streams until sometime in 2008.

AT&T UVERSE is a joke (for now)

I had the AT&T IPTV Service and canceled it because of all the problems it had, but the biggest one being I could only watch 1 HD show in my house at a time (and I have 5 HDTV's in the house)

To make matters worse they announced that they will not support multipule HD streams until sometime in 2008.

AT&T UVERSE is a joke (for now)

Not that I want AT&T to own Directv or Dish Network, but I would rather they spent the money on extending DSL coverage and buy a satellite provider for video. If I was on the board and running things, it would be that strategy or fiber all the way. As good as copper has been over the years, it just cant cut the new HD age. They are unfortunately going to find out the hard and expensive way years from now. But of course, the CEO will get a nice exit pay of 100 million for making the wrong decision.

jdspencer, you still have a working DSR6000!?! I had two of them way back in the day and loved them so much, both eventually died and were replaced with Hughes Series 2 units.

My HR20 and AU9 are scheduled to be installed on Thursday, I can't wait!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)