Dish free PPV coupon issues

gretschdrum

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 4, 2007
Hey Gang,

I, like many others, received two free PPV coupons several weeks ago. I ordered movies and subsequently entered the info online to receive my PPV credit. The movie charges showed up very quickly but the movie credits have not. It's been about 5 weeks since I redeemed the first coupon and still no credit.

Has anyone else had this same problem? I just want to know if they're slow on the draw or if they've totally dropped the ball and a CSR call/chat is needed.

Another way to get your money it looks like. I did the same thing and haven't received any credit either. Anything FREE from DISH ends up costing me money . Don't even get me started on the FREE HBO/STARZ promotion.

UPDATE

I just contacted a CSR and they acknowledged that the coupons were used correctly but they were late on posting the credit. They immediately credited my account for both movies. So, the coupons are good...although you might have to contact customer service though to get your credits.

Same here. Ordered a movie at least 6 weeks ago and used the online coupon. The charge for the movie was posted right away--still no credit. Hate to admit it, but I did this the last time they had this offer & never received credit then either.:rolleyes: This time I'll do the chat thing.

Ed

Another way to get your money it looks like. I did the same thing and haven't received any credit either. Anything FREE from DISH ends up costing me money . Don't even get me started on the FREE HBO/STARZ promotion.

Yeah- love the "free" promos. They have time to bill you, but they don't have time to credit you in the same month. I think the standard line is "you just missed the billing cycle". I honestly believe they will not credit you unless you tell them to.

I just don't take any more free anything from Dish. I just keep my stuff the same.

Just did the chat thing and evidently the "FREE" ppv coupons only are good for SD ppvs. I'd ordered a HD movie for $5.99 thinking that I'd get the $4.99 credit and only be out a buck. NOT so. Of course nothing to that effect is on the coupon........:rolleyes:

Ed

Thanks For Information.

Just did the chat thing and evidently the "FREE" ppv coupons only are good for SD ppvs. I'd ordered a HD movie for $5.99 thinking that I'd get the $4.99 credit and only be out a buck. NOT so. Of course nothing to that effect is on the coupon........:rolleyes:

Ed
I still have my 2 PPV coupons and I was also going to order a HD PPV and was thinking same as you that I would only be out a Dollar.I wont rent a SD movie on my HD system.Anyone else have same problem getting credit for HD movie with the Coupon.As for now I thinking of just tossing out these coupons anyway.Personally I would rather rent from Netflix or Amazon this way you can watch when you want to.not on their schedule.

I got the credit

Ed

I used a coupon and the credit didn't show up when new bill came out. So I called and had the credit given to me instantly and then paid my bill at the new charge.

Hey Gang,

I, like many others, received two free PPV coupons several weeks ago. I ordered movies and subsequently entered the info online to receive my PPV credit. The movie charges showed up very quickly but the movie credits have not. It's been about 5 weeks since I redeemed the first coupon and still no credit.

Has anyone else had this same problem? I just want to know if they're slow on the draw or if they've totally dropped the ball and a CSR call/chat is needed.

I mailed mine (snail Mail) about 2 months or so ago and I'm still waiting for the credits.

I still have my 2 PPV coupons and I was also going to order a HD PPV and was thinking same as you that I would only be out a Dollar.I wont rent a SD movie on my HD system.Anyone else have same problem getting credit for HD movie with the Coupon.As for now I thinking of just tossing out these coupons anyway.Personally I would rather rent from Netflix or Amazon this way you can watch when you want to.not on their schedule.

Yer welcome. I'd toss 'em if I were you. I don't watch SD movies on my 73" Mitz......yuck!:rolleyes:

Ed

No problems for me. Used one coupon so far. Planning on using the other before 9/30/09. I ordered a $6.99 1080p CH501 HD VOD on 8/9/09. Went online immediately and entered the coupon. Account was credited $4.99 on 8/28/09. So there is no restriction to SD PPV. The two coupons I got say right on them:

"Go to Channels 500-547..."

It says on the website it may take 1-2 billing cycles to get credit for both movies. I ordered HD PPVs (a week and a half apart from each other) for $5.99 and got one credit on this months bill and we'll see what happens next month.

No problems for me. Used one coupon so far. Planning on using the other before 9/30/09. I ordered a $6.99 1080p CH501 HD VOD on 8/9/09. Went online immediately and entered the coupon. Account was credited $4.99 on 8/28/09. So there is no restriction to SD PPV. The two coupons I got say right on them:

"Go to Channels 500-547..."

You must be a preferred customer, LOL. I suppose I could call 'em (already used the chat to no avail) but the hassel ain't worth the $4.99 to me. The chat lady told me that the coupons were ONLY good for $4.99 SD PPVs.:rolleyes::rant: Made an airplane outta my other coupon............

Ed

Last edited:
I always print out and save offers like this.

I ordered the 2 movies (HD) and subtracted the amount from my bill, if after 2 bills its not off I'll and have them removed.

Avoids this type of mess.:u

Got an extra $5

When the charge showed up on my bill I called in and they gave me instant credit then. So I looked at my bill that isn't due yet and it shows that I have an additional 5 + tax.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts