DISH Free Previews

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH Free Previews

Effective January 30th, 2008, there is a new way for customers to watch free
previews. Customers will no longer have to go to Ch. 280-298 range
(currently called Preview Showroom) to watch the free channels that may not
be in their current package, but can view it on the regular channel. In
order to find out which channels customers can view for free during which
time period, customers should be directed to:

* - Ch. 102
* - dishnetwork.com/preview

If customers would like to block free preview channels from being viewed,
they should go to dishnetwork.com/parentalcontrollocks for instructions.

Customers will be notified of this change via cross channel, e-newsletter,
slates on Ch. 280 & 298, and statement message.

February Free Preview (1/30-2/27) Networks:

* - Oxygen - Ch. 127
* - AMC - Ch. 130
* - IFC - Ch. 131
* - Fuse - Ch. 158
* - Hallmark - Ch. 185

So does this mean that they are going to use the 280-298 for some other programing or will it still be used for this purpose.

The numbers in the older free preview range were simply pointers back to the original channel video stream. Or as we like to call them...mirrors.

So they thought it was too easy and convenient to put the free preview channels in one place, and are now making us look at one channel to see what is free, then edit our fav list each month. What a pain.

I like the idea.

Now when I use DishPass it won't double schedule a show now. ie. I have AT200 and put DishPass on Nip/Tuck, and when F/X was on a "free preview", DishPass would put both the "free preview channel" and channel 136 on the schedule.

I agree, it was more irritating having to flip to the real channel number in the guide (which involved switching to the "All Channels" guide since... well, you know...) just to see the program information.

Additionally, my DVR'd events from those channels don't contain any useful program information. I think maybe the various rating content flags (i.e. V, L, N, SC) were in there but I'm rarely interested in those.

Assuming it means what we think it means, that we'll see the real program information on these channels, I'm all for this change. :) That doesn't necessarily have to be the case (they'll still have the ability to put other info in there, even on the "real" channel number).

those with the AEP almost never gets anything extra. only thing they could ever get is a free preview of NBA or NHL thats it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts