DISH French

AntAltMike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 28, 2005
I got a call this afternoon from a university where I maintain a 20 receiver foreign language lab that gets its programming from 101, 119 and 121. I had to move the foreign source from 61.5 to 121 because German Pro Sieben was not on 61.5.

Anyway, they called me up today to say they had lost their French programming. They called DISH and eventually were told that the French channels had been moved from 121 to 118.7. I had previously forewarned them that DISH was committed to getting rid of all the foreign programming on 121 and that I should switch them over to 118.7 before they got lost any services, but they never authorized the switch.

I have scheduled a transition from 121 to 118.7 for this Friday, but I am concerned that if all of the programming they need is not on 118.7, then I will be replacing one problem with another. When I looked up the programming on Lyngsat, I saw that the 121 satellite had 14 transponders of foreign programming, but 118.7 only had nine transponders of foreign programming, meaning all of the foreign programming on 121 couldn't fit in those transponders.

The other thing is, both Lyngsat and the DISH Network site say that the French programming is still on both sites. Can anyone here determine if the French channels still are on 121? Might anyone know of there was a reported outage of those channels recently?

I might wind up upgrading them to a four satellite system before this is over. They are using DP34s now.