This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Dish + FTA?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ghengis1234

Original poster
Nov 17, 2005
I'm fed up w/ cable company and having Dish Network installed next week. I am getting an 942 HDTV + DVR receiver. I ordered HDTV + international programming, and I am getting a "super dish" -- customer service didn't have any more information.

If it isn't too much of a headache, I'd like to add FTA when I'm having the installation done. Obviously I need to buy a receiver, but what else would I need to get? How feasible is this? Any recommendations welcome.

[BTW, I am NOT interested in hacking anything. I will continue paying for Dish Network; I just want to supplement the international selection of channels, especially with European programming.]

welcome

you wouold need a separate 30" dish and a KU band LNB to get most FTA stuff. I'm going to move this to the FTA area so the people there can help out

Iceberg said:
welcome

you wouold need a separate 30" dish and a KU band LNB to get most FTA stuff. I'm going to move this to the FTA area so the people there can help out

or ...... you could just go with a 33' dish and motor with an Invacom QPH-031 lnb and use your fta receiver to turn your dish and you can also hook up your dish network receiver using a diseqc switch and have one nice tidy setup. I do this with my expressvu and fta...........the only downside is that you can only point at one satellite at a time, so your watching one or the other.

Status
Please reply by conversation.