Dish + FTA?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ghengis1234

Original poster
Nov 17, 2005
I'm fed up w/ cable company and having Dish Network installed next week. I am getting an 942 HDTV + DVR receiver. I ordered HDTV + international programming, and I am getting a "super dish" -- customer service didn't have any more information.

If it isn't too much of a headache, I'd like to add FTA when I'm having the installation done. Obviously I need to buy a receiver, but what else would I need to get? How feasible is this? Any recommendations welcome.

[BTW, I am NOT interested in hacking anything. I will continue paying for Dish Network; I just want to supplement the international selection of channels, especially with European programming.]

welcome :wave

you wouold need a separate 30" dish and a KU band LNB to get most FTA stuff. I'm going to move this to the FTA area so the people there can help out :)

Iceberg said:
welcome :wave

you wouold need a separate 30" dish and a KU band LNB to get most FTA stuff. I'm going to move this to the FTA area so the people there can help out :)

or ...... you could just go with a 33' dish and motor with an Invacom QPH-031 lnb and use your fta receiver to turn your dish and you can also hook up your dish network receiver using a diseqc switch and have one nice tidy setup. I do this with my expressvu and fta...........the only downside is that you can only point at one satellite at a time, so your watching one or the other.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)