Dish Geeks--- advice

branchbouncer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 5, 2004
Massanutten,VA
Well here's the latest form the world of Dish ordering-- I was sent an e-mail about an install that was too happen last Sunday then Wed then Fri, well they just called about installing tomorrow instead of the 4- 211's that are on my conformation form the gentleman who just call said that they are bringing 2-411's and 2-612's my understanding, which maybe wrong is that this out dated equipment, input from the Dish Gru's would be great

Ps the 411 can't had the HD added to make it a DVR right Thanks all

Well the 411's are out of date, the 612's are brand new , But they are Single Room HD DVR's. If you order 4- Vip211'a and that not what you get. Make sure not to sign or accept that equipment. 4 211's your looking at $21 in fees.
2-211 and 2 612 your looking at,, AT LEAST$27 per month in fees
$33 without a Dvr atvantage pack
$21 With Everything pack.

My undrstanding from the Dish site and from others is you connect a EX hard drive to the 211's and call in and for 39.00 they activated the dvr software in the unit BUT the are no monthly fees (Dish site under receivers--211)

Well the 411's are out of date, the 612's are brand new , But they are Single Room HD DVR's. If you order 4- Vip211'a and that not what you get. Make sure not to sign or accept that equipment. 4 211's your looking at $21 in fees.
2-211 and 2 612 your looking at,, AT LEAST$27 per month in fees
$33 without a Dvr atvantage pack
$21 With Everything pack.

If you agreed to four 211s and they are now coming up with this configuration, I'd just refuse the install, especially since you said earlier you don't use DVRs.

My undrstanding from the Dish site and from others is you connect a EX hard drive to the 211's and call in and for 39.00 they activated the dvr software in the unit BUT the are no monthly fees (Dish site under receivers--211)
This is 100% correct.
But 4 211 will still cost you 3 $7 per month extra HD receiver fees. But yes no DVR fees.

So the 612's have a higher fee even if you don't use the DVR service? I guess thats just a higher mirror fee. Is the 612 a good box. I'll call the dispacher who called because on my conformation form it says 211/411, but when I asked the installer which he had he said 211's and that his company doesn't even have 411's. Next question HEMI do you have the E* service if so are you happy with it I hear so many people complain about PQ, I can't see how they would have as many customers if it was really that bad. I had D* for 8 years and I think that they are far from being the Holy Grail of TV ------------sorry saw you equipment list after the fact, is E* alright for you-----all we went for was Turbo platium since most of our viewing is nationals

If you lease a DVR you Have to pay the DVR fee or Subscrible to a DVR atvantage pack . No exceptions.
Same with HD equipment you must subscribe to and HD package or an HD only base pack , Or you have to pay a $7 HD enabling fee. Turbo Bronze or Americas Top 100 pack are the lowest Base Packs that you can subscribe to with HD equipment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)