Dish giving current HD customers $5 HD pack

So what happens for those who do one year pre-pay? My 12 month prepay finishes by May 2005, I am not seeing any credit.

Same here no discount yet:

MY ACCOUNT

Account Charges
DISHNET LOCAL PACKAGE 8.99
AMERICA'S EVERYTHING PAK-AT180 + 4 PREMIUM MOVIE PKGS 81.99
LEASED RECEIVER FEE 5.0
ADDL RECEIVER ACCESS FEE 9.98
RAI NETWORK ITALIAN PROGRAMMING 12.99
CBS HIGH DEFINITION EAST 0.0
DISH NETWORK HD PACKAGE 9.99
EXTENDED WARRANTY 1.99
Account Charges $ 130.93
Total $ 130.93

My billing date is on the 17th. The credit posted on the 10, so about a week before my next bill. Over the next month (billing cycle) I bet they manage to get the credit out to the rest of the HD Pack subs.

I don't see it, either, but then I paid by the year to get the one free month.

I've had the 5$ HD for a month now. I found out about it from last months recap of the Charlie Chat from this website. To me the HD pack wasn't worth $10.00 but it is worth $5.00. I wasn't a current subscriber to HD, but was a prior HD subscriber about 10 months ago. Last month I called them up and they said OK.

Knowing Dish they probably wrote a new program to deliver the $5 discounts and it had a few "bugs" and they had to abort it.

The sad truth is that $5/month is what the HD pack really should be. The $10/month E*/D* charge is just pure gouging. I think they are starting to feel some pressure with many cable companies offering more HD for $5/month (local TWC here has ESPN/HDnet/HDmovies/INHD1&2 for $5, TNT/DHDT free).

Ok my new statement got created and the discount is no where to be found.

You said yours was in recent activity? So did the credit only get applied when CC Auto pay went to pay the bill?

BFG said:
Ok my new statement got created and the discount is no where to be found.

You said yours was in recent activity? So did the credit only get applied when CC Auto pay went to pay the bill?

I'm not sure who will get this $5 credit, but it's obvious I'm not one of them. That's according to "RECENT ACTIVITY" under my account.

I also called Dish, and they said it' was only for those who got HD service between a certain time frame.

I got HD service back in late AUG of '04 and asked if I would recieve a discount, and the schmuck couldn't answer me. So I'm clueless and as always, so are the CSR's.

Jimmy J said:
I also called Dish, and they said it' was only for those who got HD service between a certain time frame.

Ahh, this seems to be the most likely answer, part 1. Part 2 would be the actual time frame it was purchased... lol.. I wonder if an email to CEO would do any good??? Probably couldn't hurt for you to try.

Well my statement just posted:

New Monthly Charge(s) 03/02 to 04/01
DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICEFEE 0.0
AMERICA'S EVERYTHING VALUE PAK-180,4 PREMIUM MOVIE PKG 86.99
LOCALS 0.0
ADDL RECEIVER ACCESS FEE 4.99
ADDL RECEIVER ACCESS FEE 4.99
SUPERSTATION PACKAGE KWGN 5.99
DISH NETWORK HD PACKAGE 9.99
EXTENDED WARRANTY 1.99
HD PROMOTION - ADJUSTMENT -5.0

Account Charges $ 109.94
Total $ 109.94

Taxes
STATE/LOCAL TAX (SALES/GROSS RECEIPTS) 6.89

Total Taxes $ 6.89

----

Now one thing of note: I have always had the HD package. I had DHDT until the HD package came out and then I switched to the HD package. BUT, in January I switched from annual billing to monthly billing! Perhaps that put me in the computer as a new sub to the HD package?

I didn't see my credit so I called. The CSR told me it is only for 811's purchased in Nov,2004. I've had mine since Nov, 2003 with the Hd pak. I can't believe they aren't giving it to me when I've had the hd pak for almost 2 years.

If you are a new customer and activate with an 811 or HD receiver you get the first 6 months free of the HD pack. If you are an existing customer and you have upgraded to an 811 or HD receiver you have the option to get the HD pack for 12 months at 1/2 price. This started in November 2004 and is part of the DHA new customer promotion or the Dish N It up existing customer promotion or if you purchase a 921.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts