Dish Google Assistant no longer controls my Lutron Caseta lights

dweber

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 29, 2005
Plain City, OH
In the past I could use the Google Assistant on my Hopper3 to control the Lutron Caseta lights throughout my house. This no longer works. I verified that the Google Assistant on my Hopper3 still can access my calendar. I also verified that Google assistant still can control my lights through my Google speaker or the App on my IPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried to get Google to fix the problem linking Dish and Google Home. First I went to the Google forum where there were several topics describing Dish not linking to Google Home. The problem appears to have started after August 1, 2023. The Dish Hopper and Joey equipment show as offline.
Dish customers that have tried to relink the account receive the following message “Something went wrong. Try again.”
4c9085afda02267234072ab9527a0317.jpg

Next I called Google support and was able to Demonstrate the problem with the agent. She put me on hold and escalated the issue to advanced technical support. They were able to see the problem. Hopefully this will be the beginning of a solution.

I tried to get Google to fix the problem linking Dish and Google Home. First I went to the Google forum where there were several topics describing Dish not linking to Google Home. The problem appears to have started after August 1, 2023. The Dish Hopper and Joey equipment show as offline.
Dish customers that have tried to relink the account receive the following message “Something went wrong. Try again.”
4c9085afda02267234072ab9527a0317.jpg

Next I called Google support and was able to Demonstrate the problem with the agent. She put me on hold and escalated the issue to advanced technical support. They were able to see the problem. Hopefully this will be the beginning of a solution.

any updates as to when google voice remote works again ?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yesterday I noticed that in Google Home Dish is no longer in the list of Services that work with Google. In the past Dish was in the list but when selected the message “Something went wrong. Try again.” Several of us had contacted Google to share this problem. Now it appears that Google has removed Dish from their list of services that work with Google. I wonder if Dish will remove the Hopper setup under Control Dish through a Google Assistant device.

Reactions: charlesrshell
This was posted in the Google support forum.

From what I see, Google solved the problem with "Dish not available, please try again" by completely removing Dish as an option. Another chat group on this says that "3rd Party developer" was unresponsive. I'm doubtful that I'll continue with dish much longer and they don't seem to care.

This was posted in the Google support forum.

From what I see, Google solved the problem with "Dish not available, please try again" by completely removing Dish as an option. Another chat group on this says that "3rd Party developer" was unresponsive. I'm doubtful that I'll continue with dish much longer and they don't seem to care.

i think what will happen is Dish will announce that they will either work with Amazon to use the Alexa service or Apple with Siri or just brick the voice support feature all the way and start phasing out the current Dish voice control remotes for the next generation Dish TV remotes which won't have mics built in.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

i think what will happen is Dish will announce that they will either work with Amazon to use the Alexa service or Apple with Siri or just brick the voice support feature all the way and start phasing out the current Dish voice control remotes for the next generation Dish TV remotes which won't have mics built in.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

I would think that Dish would want to stick with Google. The Hopper + and Joey 4 are both Android based and they use the Google Play store for the apps. I was afraid that Dish would abandon Alexa in favor of Google but Alexa appears to be working fine.

Could the cyber attack that happened to Dish be partly responsible for Dish not being able to communicate with Google.

Josh might have some insight on what is transpiring. The best scenario is that Google took down their part that was not working and will replace it with one that works. I miss the ability to control my lights, get my schedule, and find content on my Hopper 3 through the Dish remote.

Last edited: