"Could not reach DISH. Please try again".

millerthyme59

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Garibaldi,OR.
This is what i get when trying to reconnect DISH to my Google home app. in the works with Google section, On linked services. It just stopped working. Dish chat was no help. Everything is good on my end, same network, speed, etc... In the google home app it shows my hopper, but says its not available. It cant see it on my network. But Dish system check shows that everything is okay. Anybody else having problem using voice commands thru Google assistant?

This is what i get when trying to reconnect DISH to my Google home app. in the works with Google section, On linked services. It just stopped working. Dish chat was no help. Everything is good on my end, same network, speed, etc... In the google home app it shows my hopper, but says its not available. It cant see it on my network. But Dish system check shows that everything is okay. Anybody else having problem using voice commands thru Google assistant?
Reboot your receiver and or sign out of the app and then resign in to the app and it should see the receiver again once the reboot is finished.

Just tried that. Also switched to bottom port. That didn't work. Hopper shows 269.534 Mbps when testing connections.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
One other thing might work...unplug the modem and the router about 5 minutes...plug the modem in first and let it comeback up...then plug into the router...this forces the modem to pick up a new IP address from your internet provider assuming you dont have a static ip

One other thing might work...unplug the modem and the router about 5 minutes...plug the modem in first and let it comeback up...then plug into the router...this forces the modem to pick up a new IP address from your internet provider assuming you dont have a static ip

Tried,no luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FWIW, same thing happened with Alexa a couple of days ago. But the app seemed to be aware of it and reconnecting was fairly easy. Maybe the new update?

Same issue here! I deleted everything dish.... now I get the same message as you..... what a pia

After talking to DISH advanced tech they said it's on the end. There aware and are working on it! He said they were hearing about it.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
If you look at post 15, Josh M, who is part of DISH Technical Operations, said exactly that.

Attachments

• 20230804_112950.jpg
    20230804_112950.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 162