DISH Guarantees $250 Savings to Satellite Pay-TV Customers Who Switch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I keep on thinking of that stuffed kangaroo I got...
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1425106974.676801.jpg

Although the dolls will be around long after Joe, I have always thought of the hopper doll as the Joe. I think that was possibly his intention as well.

Because Directv is better than Dish.

It's like comparing the Chevrolet Suburban to the Cadillac Escalade.

If your the Chevy then you need to show people why your the better choice.

When your the Cadillac, you don't compare yourself to lesser products.
People still buy Cadillacs? Haven't seen one for years. Mercedes, BMW, etc yes, but in CA Cadillac disappeared long ago.

Maybe in your part of California, but in mine Cadillacs stand right up there with the German autos....
Cadillacs don't look like Cadillacs of years ago nor are they marketed towards the same crowd anymore, IMO... A few models are quite the performance machines too.

That's what DTV was hoping to play off of. That's why they went with the mirror from sleeping beauty. Can't tell me that wasn't in some way suppose to peak the interest of the childhood memories of folks.

You said probably better than I have but that is exactly what I have found when I did do a real comparison. Change out VoicePulse for Ooma in my case and the result is the same.
I stand by what I posted 100% - if you are not interested in checking out the available services and paying three different bills, then bundling is for you. It will save you over and usually only over the regular prices of that particular cable provider. It will not necessarily save you over getting three separate services and probably will not give the best features for the money.
Yeah, there are some people who do prefer ONE bill with higher cost than multiple bills with cost savings. I understand that mentality--at least back in the pay by snail mail days and juggling paydays with due dates and factoring the time it takes for the snail mail payment to arrive and the more time for the payment to be PROCESSED by the billing company on what seemed a hundred different bills, but since I've migrated to paying via internet, I find no advantage to bundling. But that is me, and I know others may still prefer as few bills to deal with as possible.

I dunno about that. I've often wondered why it is that in all the TV commercials I see for Dish and DTV, Dish is always comparing itself to DTV but DTV compares itself to cable companies, not Dish. It has been that way for years. Maybe there is truth to the Dish ads? The funny thing is, I'm considering returning to cable when my contract with Dish expires in July or even earlier since the cable company will buyout my contract now if I switch. The capability of their DVR may make or break my decision though.
Because it is DTV that has had the most success in net gain of subscribers, and, ironically, it is DTV that seems to have a number of people who LEAVE DTV because of the shock of DTV's REAL cost of subscribing once the discounts end AND, the whole mess with NFLST when people are find they have a $300 plus charge on the bill that for the 2nd year of NFLST they feel they should have been in some way offered the opportunity to decline or asked before DTV put the charge on the bill. That has been my personal experience with most people who opt for DTV with whom I have spoken. DirecTV is a very good service, it is some of the practices that leave those who leave with a bitter taste in the mouth.

So, Dish may see an opportunity for Dish to grab that subscriber while they still have negative feelings toward DTV and are now defiantly changing pay-TV services. In other words, the strategy may be to get the dissatisfied customer as they leave the door in a fit. It's something like how local individual real estate agents will bombard you with advertising for years or even decades like free note pads or other goodies on your doorstep, their picture ads on the sides of trucks of bus benches (I know at least one very successful agent who spends more than $10,000 per year on advertising costs alone--because it works). You aren't selling your home tomorrow, but when the time comes, they have planted their name and face in your head when you reach the moment of figuring out WHO to contact to sell your home. I think Dish wants to plant their service in the head of DTV current customers and those imminently set to leave, and quite a few do leave even with the net gain, and are considering a new pay-TV service, but may not be to keen about returning to cable. That is total IMHO.