DISH Hacked - Websites are BACK ONLINE!

I use Quicken to track my income and expenses. I can search back 10 years which I have done in the past for warranty items.
No paper receipts needed since they tend to get lost but search function in Quicken works great.
I also have found billing mistakes in the past since I track everything in Quicken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW, I keep all my bills too. Annotate on them date payed, amount, & how paid either auto payed from my credit union or credit card & file them away. I get all my bills by email & then print them. I still keep up with my check book and and check everything with end of month statement. Drives my wife crazy, LOL. She doesn't do any of that. I have all my DISH bills since I joined in 2007.
I haven't kept up to date with email since 2013 or so and already have between 700,000-800,000 emails still unread with a few hundred coming in daily. I also have close to 100 different bank/brokerage accounts.

I use Quicken to track my income and expenses. I can search back 10 years which I have done in the past for warranty items.
No paper receipts needed since they tend to get lost but search function in Quicken works great.
I also have found billing mistakes in the past since I track everything in Quicken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would love to try it but cant find their "free home budget software" only paid and only yearly.

Reactions: charlesrshell
There are several of these hacked/dark web/ breached/ protection removal companies popping up quickly. Even BIG companies like Norton

Eh, hibp has been around for a while, free and just maintains a database to facilitate notices of exposure because companies generally are very bad at doing it themselves for a myriad of reasons, but mostly due to their own self-interests (PR, legal, etc)

Here's the guy who runs it - https://twitter.com/troyhunt

Good idea. I should do electronic storing too. I keep all that too except for the confirm emails. Got two big filing cabinets in our office. What a mess for my wife when I depart someday.
Only problem with electronic storing is that it's not on official paper from whoever it is from if you had to use it as proof in-person for whatever reason so it's not really an official document but more like a xerox copy. PDFs even if secured are easy to alter within a few minutes. Lots of times when they need proof of address with a billing statement from a utility, phone, cable/satellite company, they will require the one in an envelope since if it was electronic, it would be hard to prove that the address is real as it never physically arrived in the mail to prove that was where it is delivered to physically.

I'm glad my parents and I use Consumer Cellular for our cell service and the only other connection my parents have with AT&T is DTV, which apparently was not affected.
I have ATT cell and DSL. I just paid off my cell phone and was highly thinking of moving to Dish Republic Wireless. The reality is no one or company is safe or even safer!

I use to only write checks for my kids & grand kids for birthdays & Christmas. Now I use PayPal. I use my Chase credit card as if it is my bank's debit card, then pay it off every month. Builds up lots of reward cash credits that I then apply back to the card. The chase credit card has more protection than my bank's debit card.
I only use my debit card for taking cash out of the ATM and only once a month when we get our pension checks deposited. I used to use the debit card back in the early part of 2000s and the bank I was a member of costed me a lot of money, because I missed one $12.00 debit made and it made like 4 things bounce. That was on a Friday and by Monday they ran it through again and all 4 things bounced again, before I could talk to them. I asked them The kicker is that they actually had an over draft policy where they can take money out of your savings to avoid this. But they said I didn't sign up for it ,so it was my fault. I asked them why would you run it through again on Monday if I didn't have the money in the account on Friday? They just looked at me like I had three heads and I said "you sure right boss." I guess you couldn't call me and ask me if I wanted you to take it out of my savings huh? Easier to piss off your customer and charge me over draft fees not once but twice. I then withdrew all my savings and my new 2 paycheck auto deposits and went to my old credit union and deposited it all there. I also signed up for their over draft protection plan just in case. But I no longer use debit cards for purchases. It's all credit cards and they are paid off monthly.

WOW, I keep all my bills too. Annotate on them date payed, amount, & how paid either auto payed from my credit union or credit card & file them away. I get all my bills by email & then print them. I still keep up with my check book and and check everything with end of month statement. Drives my wife crazy, LOL. She doesn't do any of that. I have all my DISH bills since I joined in 2007.
I don't keep paper bills any more. Every thing I pay is online and it makes my yearly receipts fit in a small gallon size bag for tax purposes.That is mostly receipts for paying property taxes, vehicle taxes and any receipts from services I get through the year. I went paperless on every thing else. I can go online and see each credit card and what was charged and when etc. There is no longer a need for all that paper to be generated anymore. It's bad for the earth's environment and it kills a lot of trees. My file cabinet is so much neater now.

I only use my debit card for taking cash out of the ATM and only once a month when we get our pension checks deposited.

This is very wise advice, your protection with a real credit card is much greater than a debit card. My bank lets me set a limit on debit card transactions, I have it set at $0. I use my credit cards, rack up airline miles or cash back and pay it off every month.

I only use my debit card for taking cash out of the ATM and only once a month when we get our pension checks deposited. I used to use the debit card back in the early part of 2000s and the bank I was a member of costed me a lot of money, because I missed one $12.00 debit made and it made like 4 things bounce. That was on a Friday and by Monday they ran it through again and all 4 things bounced again, before I could talk to them. I asked them The kicker is that they actually had an over draft policy where they can take money out of your savings to avoid this. But they said I didn't sign up for it ,so it was my fault. I asked them why would you run it through again on Monday if I didn't have the money in the account on Friday. They just looked at me like I had three heads and I said "you sure right boss." I guess you couldn't call me and ask me if I wanted you to take it out of my savings. Easier to piss off your customer and charge me over draft fees not once but twice. I then withdrew all my savings and my new 2 paycheck auto deposits and went to my old credit union and deposited it all there. I also signed up for their over draft protection plan just in case. But I no longer use debit cards. It's all credit cards and they are paid off monthly.
WOW, banks can be something else. I don't use my debit card at all. Mostly have it just for an ATM if I need too. I get a couple hundred cash, $10s & $5s ever now and then for tip cash. I go straight to my credit union to get it.

WOW, banks can be something else. I don't use my debit card at all. Mostly have it just for an ATM if I need too. I get a couple hundred cash, $10s & $5s ever now and then for tip cash. I go straight to my credit union to get it.
I do the same through the drive thru ATM. Very convenient and I don't have to go inside unless I want to.

I do the same through the drive thru ATM. Very convenient and I don't have to go inside unless I want to.
I would use ATM too but I only want $5s & $10s. The last time I used the ATM it didn't have the capability to do that so I just go inside my credit union and get it the way I want. I get a bunch so don't have to go that often.

I would use ATM too but I only want $5s & $10s. The last time I used the ATM it didn't have the capability to do that so I just go inside my credit union and get it the way I want. I get a bunch so don't have to go that often.
I take out $200.00 each month and split it with my wife for spending money ,so it is all twenties.

Plus, there's a network of ATMs that are fee-free for withdrawals from my Credit Union, and my Credit Union will reimburse me up to $4 per month for other banks' ATM fees.
A network is still limited, get a Charles Schwab Bank Checking Account which has no minimum balances and all ATMs worldwide are free from any fees including foreign transaction fees as they will reimburse an unlimited amount of fees.