DISH Hacked - Websites are BACK ONLINE!

Up until mid-January I had been on the Flex Pack and logging into the site/app almost daily to add and drop different Packs, which obviously I couldn't do now. But I since switched to International Basic to save money until college football season comes around again. Glad I got that in under the wire.

Well, if they want me to pay full price for everything, I have its impossible I don't have but $20.00 after paying my bills now! And that sounds like Dish is expecting this to last a very long time!
If they overcharge you, PM me your Paypal ID and I'll send you enough to cover it until they straighten out this mess.

Tried signing into The Weather Channel Roku App and I got the DISH Login Screen! But My Info didn't work, said the system was down........

Do I need a new Username/Password or do we just wait for the System to be fully Online?
You have to wait until the system is back on line.

Reactions: charlesrshell
So my last payment was made on 2/22 and my bill usually generates on the 7th of each month. I have yet to receive any email.
My last autopay was also 2/22 and today I got a statement in the mail (nothing in email yet) saying that my next autopay will be 3/20. So if it's going to be done by autopay, what's the point of sending the statement?

My last autopay was also 2/22 and today I got a statement in the mail (nothing in email yet) saying that my next autopay will be 3/20. So if it's going to be done by autopay, what's the point of sending the statement?
To give you the heads up in this time of the unknown. How many here have wondered if their payment was going to happen with this down time.

I noticed today that I could now log in to DishAnywhere with my laptop, but the DA activation site for the one Firestick DA that needs it still is not working. My other Firestick DA and the DA app on my phone have been working ok throughout.

Our service has been out for the past 2 weeks, we can't get anyone from Dish to help us. Finally had Directv installed yesterday. Has anyone been able to cancel Dish? I can't even get ahold of customer service

To give you the heads up in this time of the unknown. How many here have wondered if their payment was going to happen with this down time.
On the other hand, some people wouldn't have even known there was any down time, and would be wondering why they were getting a paper statement, since said statement says nothing about any issues.

On the third hand, someone here just the other day said that Dish was going to be sending everyone paper bills that would have to be paid manually.

On the third hand, someone here just the other day said that Dish was going to be sending everyone paper bills that would have to be paid manually.
That is actually officially from DISH at DISH | Current Customer Support where it says:
1678755476365.png

Our service has been out for the past 2 weeks, we can't get anyone from Dish to help us. Finally had Directv installed yesterday. Has anyone been able to cancel Dish? I can't even get ahold of customer service
You found this site but you couldn't find why Dish was not reachable for the past 2 weeks?

Since I was unable to make the payment, I didn't.
Apparently, I had gotten enough past due that my channels all disappeared.
That got my attention.
I thought to myself, I better do something now.
I quickly found my full account number and amount due in my email.
I made a payment and all of my channels came back.
All is good except I'm stuck on the packages I had before all this went down.

Last edited:
It's now been 20 days with no inkling of when recovery will be complete. This leads me to believe Dish's security and backup policies were likely haphazard at best, and possibly non-existent, forcing them to reconstruct many applications mostly from scratch.

Nope. Read what’s been posted. They must figure out what was the entry method, and if there are more “bombs” out there. Make no sense to restore and be hit right away the same way. They must also determine how far back the backups are affected.

If they ARE rebuilding from scratch, that is to their credit that they have some software ready to recompile and activate. AFTER they determine the OS flaws.

Nope. Read what’s been posted. They must figure out what was the entry method, and if there are more “bombs” out there. Make no sense to restore and be hit right away the same way. They must also determine how far back the backups are affected.

If they ARE rebuilding from scratch, that is to their credit that they have some software ready to recompile and activate. AFTER they determine the OS flaws.
Not certain of that. If dish had a number of backups, they could perform a system restore of a backup from before the ransom ware struck and any bombs would be moot. As far as how black basta got in, there is a lot of technical info available about how black basta gains entry, and that door(s) needs to be shut before resuming business as usual. Then there's the matter of black basta's stealing of sensitive data and their threats to publish it, but that's a separate issue.

Backups are worthless if you don't know when they got in, restoring could just put back in the holes back in place.

Because DISH is a publicly held company and because of the financials involved they need to make sure everything is secure again. In addition I have heard that certain programmers won't let DISH's authorization servers connect to theirs for customers to login to to access streaming services until they are told that DISH's systems are safe and will not infect theirs.

This is a mess. And as an IT guy myself it's one of the biggest fears you could have working IT. I remember when SatelliteGuys was hacked and I was out at Sea on a cruise and we were hacked. I worked for 12+ hours and got it fixed back up again, and thankfully the hacker left clues so I was able to find another forum this happened to and got the fix and was able to patch everything back up. My internet bill was huge there was no flat rate then. But I couldn't just let it go for another 4 or 5 days while I was at Sea.

DISH has some very good it folks, I know and talk to them from time to time, it's a shame this happened to them. But hopefully they learned from this and can prevent something like this from taking down everything again in the future.