Dish has failed me (well at least their rebate)....I wan't to drop them, best route?

Ive actually never called in.

When I added the phone line and wanted the fee removed, I used the contact email off their website. Same when thinking about dropping HBO. Maybe it goes to the same place.

Here's whats stupid about the rebate, if they see when you started service and what you have, why do you need to fill out a rebate form?

Here's whats stupid about the rebate, if they see when you started service and what you have, why do you need to fill out a rebate form?

Because most retaillers that do mail in rebates bank on your forgetting to send it in on time, or they claim they didn't receive it. You've purchased the item and if you forget the rebate that's money in the pocket for them.

There's stories all over the web in business publications of how lucrative the forgotten rebate is. While barely palatable to the customer it's an accepted form of business right now. I haven't seen if the government is looking to crack down on it. It could be considered fraud I suppose.

I had to go the ceo@echostar.com to get my rebates too, even though I did get a letter saying they got may rebate.
1st letter said they got my rebate, but my account was inactive? I wonder where my $120/month was going.
I called, and they said it was a computer error and they would process the rebate. Got a 2nd letter saying my rebate was outside the promotion period..?
Called again and said it would be taken care of.
9 months later, ceo@echostar.com took care of the problem.

I sent the guy a Thank you note,

HE RESPONDED THREE MINS LATER with a "you're very welcome"

THREE F'in MINS later!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is so amazing to me in this world!

I sent the guy a Thank you note,

HE RESPONDED THREE MINS LATER with a "you're very welcome"

THREE F'in MINS later!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is so amazing to me in this world!
Thats customer service and yet so many people complain about the executive office not doing enough or anything at all, you should put this in your signature though maybe clean it up a bit and say it what it was about in short form.

I hate "mail-in" rebate, but I still send them in :D. I like Best Buys "instant" rebates they have now. I also noticed when I bought my Vonage adapter today that Best Buy had a "mail-in" rebate for it but they also had an option were I could submit the rebate online :D, which really makes it slick.

I hate "mail-in" rebate, but I still send them in :D. I like Best Buys "instant" rebates they have now. I also noticed when I bought my Vonage adapter today that Best Buy had a "mail-in" rebate for it but they also had an option were I could submit the rebate online :D, which really makes it slick.

Allways do the online "preprocessing" of an rebate if possable. All the company needs to do is scan the barcode of the form u print, verify u have valid proof, and poof its sent, no chance of mistyping ur info and it getting lost on its way to u.

Allways do the online "preprocessing" of an rebate if possable. All the company needs to do is scan the barcode of the form u print, verify u have valid proof, and poof its sent, no chance of mistyping ur info and it getting lost on its way to u.
Not at Best Buy. You dont need to print anything or send in anything. Its all done online. They also have a place you can track it to see when the check or gift card is sent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)