OTA Antenna/Cable Viewing on TV2 of Dual Tuners

eacalhoun

eacalhoun

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 20, 2006
Morganton, NC
Can someone explain the technical reasons why the over-the-air antenna (or cable TV) signal will not "pass" on through to TV2 on dual-tuner receivers? Seems like it would be a simple thing--unless the concern is a signal loss issue?

Eric

M

Miner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Eric,

I would suspect it is because there is only 1 OTA tuner, and when in dual mode, the software designates the OTA for TV1.

In single mode, the OTA is available to the shared output (TV2).

Miner

Jim5506

Jim5506

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Lubbock, Texas
The 622 is NOT designed to pass NTSC through because it is designed to receive ATSC signals OTA and output those and satellite signals via the agile modulator.

There is no pass through like older non ATSC boxes. There is no need to pass through ATSC because it has an ATSC tuner. Older boxes passed NTSC through because they did not have a NTSC tuner.

charlesrshell

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
I am planning on having an OTA signal split four ways to 3 each 722s and one 322. So are you saying that if there is a satellite signal loss from a thunderstorm that the OTA will not work on the four receivers?? I am new to satellite stuff and still learning how things work.

G

garys

SatelliteGuys Master
I am planning on having an OTA signal split four ways to 3 each 722s and one 322. So are you saying that if there is a satellite signal loss from a thunderstorm that the OTA will not work on the four receivers?? I am new to satellite stuff and still learning how things work.

OTA has to do with the HD receivers, the receivers you list will allow the analog channels when the recievers are turned off.