OTA Antenna/Cable Viewing on TV2 of Dual Tuners

eacalhoun

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 20, 2006
Morganton, NC
Can someone explain the technical reasons why the over-the-air antenna (or cable TV) signal will not "pass" on through to TV2 on dual-tuner receivers? Seems like it would be a simple thing--unless the concern is a signal loss issue?

Eric

The 622 is NOT designed to pass NTSC through because it is designed to receive ATSC signals OTA and output those and satellite signals via the agile modulator.

There is no pass through like older non ATSC boxes. There is no need to pass through ATSC because it has an ATSC tuner. Older boxes passed NTSC through because they did not have a NTSC tuner.

I am planning on having an OTA signal split four ways to 3 each 722s and one 322. So are you saying that if there is a satellite signal loss from a thunderstorm that the OTA will not work on the four receivers?? I am new to satellite stuff and still learning how things work.

I am planning on having an OTA signal split four ways to 3 each 722s and one 322. So are you saying that if there is a satellite signal loss from a thunderstorm that the OTA will not work on the four receivers?? I am new to satellite stuff and still learning how things work.

OTA has to do with the HD receivers, the receivers you list will allow the analog channels when the recievers are turned off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts