Dish has failed me (well at least their rebate)....I wan't to drop them, best route?

J3ff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
So I signed up under that 200 dollar back promotion where if you get HD they send you 20 back for 10 months.

WELL THEY NEVER RECIEVED MY REBATE FORM (I swear it's ascam)

After countless hours chatting with online people they say there is NOTHING they can do.

I don't have a copy, but even if I did they said "You must send it within 30 days of activiation) so it still wouldn't mean sh*t.

They say they never recieved it, but I definitly mailed it out.

I'm so fed up with dish it's not funny. IS there a hidden package? like the one where you have for vacation houses?

Either I need some help getting this 200 bucks back or I'm just going to bail on dish.

Sort-of related question: To get ATT uverse, do I have to sign up for their phone service??

Mine was received and started on the 3rd month as promised so Im sorry for your troubles.

Id drop em in a heart beat if they would not take me on my word and allow for it to be sent back in. Call em back and tell em you are canceling because they did not honor their end, maybe they'll kick you up to someone that will take care of you. If not, id cancel.

For future reference, whenever you send in a rebate, keep a copy of everything and after 2-3 weeks follow up with the company you sent it too. Most have a way of tracking it and that way you cover yourself.

I forgot to mention the problem is that I have an 18 month contract, so I know I'm going to end up paying them something on it. They said I could pay something like 13 a month for prorated something or other, but I'm wondering if there's a better way.

Send an email to ceo@echostar.com

They took care of me. I sent the rebate twice and both times they "failed" to receive my rebate. I told them that it was a scam and false advertising and there had to be another way to get my credits in. They just told me, they will look into it.

I sent an email to ceo@echostar.com and within two hours they replied back saying that it was all taking care of. Got the bill for next month and the credits were there.

I forgot to mention the problem is that I have an 18 month contract, so I know I'm going to end up paying them something on it. They said I could pay something like 13 a month for prorated something or other, but I'm wondering if there's a better way.

Thats BS. If their response to you, after a lost rebate, is tough luck or you can cancel at $13x18. Id cancel if you can afford it.

I had a similar experience(hardware issues) with D* and canceled. Yeah, it hurt my wallet but I refused to be counted as one of their subs anymore.

Send an email to ceo@echostar.com

They took care of me. I sent the rebate twice and both times they "failed" to receive my rebate. I told them that it was a scam and false advertising and there had to be another way to get my credits in. They just told me, they will look into it.

I sent an email to ceo@echostar.com and within two hours they replied back saying that it was all taking care of. Got the bill for next month and the credits were there.

Thats interesting. I was unaware that the ceo email handled that kind of issue.

The ceo email must be a one stop shop.

Ok Sent an email off........I think they overcharged me the first two months anyway, but lets fight the big fights first .........

I really like U-verses pricing packages, but if I have to get a phoneline w/ them, forget that.

Does the rebate get sent to a PO BOX? If not do what I do and require a signature for the item being sent, works every time specialy when they say that a company says it hasnt been received.

I would hvae done that, but I mail out tons of rebates and NEVER have problems with them, I'm very complete in everything I do and out of 80 rebates I sent out in 2006 only 5 of them never came in, and when I called them up to find out where they were they didn't argue with me.

I would hvae done that, but I mail out tons of rebates and NEVER have problems with them, I'm very complete in everything I do and out of 80 rebates I sent out in 2006 only 5 of them never came in, and when I called them up to find out where they were they didn't argue with me.

Ive havent had many problems. After a few bad experiences I started treating everyone with a rebate offer like they were gonna screw me.

Van's idea is pretty good too.

Does the rebate get sent to a PO BOX? If not do what I do and require a signature for the item being sent, works every time specialy when they say that a company says it hasnt been received.

Yes the rebate is sent to a PO Box.

Dish Network Offer
PO Box 1235
Grand Rapids, MN 55745-1235

I've never had problems with rebates until this one.

I sent off a very polite email asking what can be done, lets hope for the best.

WOW! Now that's what I call service! Thank god for the people here :) and whoever was smart enough to have a ceo address for this purpose!

Jeff,

Thanks for the email. I have sent an email to our team we have that is responsible for promotional credits. I will make sure that they are added to your account ASAP. You should see the fist of 10 credits on one of your next two billing statements.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks for your patience. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts