Dish Has got to get better support by far!

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
I made a payment to my dish network account today on line via the Debit card option, but I mistakenly clicked authorize payment instead of entering the amount I wanted to pay. It charged my account for the full balance that was due. (didn't want that because I had other bills to pay that was due and I was going to pay the rest of the account balance at the end of the month) When I entered my card info in, I accidentally hit the pay now button and it authorized payment. They should have box that pops up that says are you sure that you want to pay xxxxx amount of dollars, before it authorizes it.

So I call up dn.. the first operator was kind of nice but he couldn't do anything. His op id was PNR. I asked to be transfered to the executive team to try to get this resolved. He gave me every reason in the book to why they couldn't transfer me. So I asked to talk to a supervisor, Her op id is H7G. Explained the situation to her and what was going on. She says there is nothing that they could do.. I then asked her to transfer me to the executive resolution team. Again she gives me every reason why I she cant, and says that there is nothing they could do about it, and she "closely works with them" and that its a waste of my time. I even went and told her that I'm apart of one of the biggest on line forums, just to tryed to get transfered. She said don't threaten me with that, Oh what? I said, Please just transfer me.. Refusing to do so she begins to lecture me and tell me to go through my bank, when I allready know that my bank is going to tell me to go back to DN. So after a few min of her lecture I hang up and play CSR roulette again...

This time Instead of hitting the tech support option I hit the change programming option, get a CSR there, I immediately request to be transfered to the executive account rez team. Get transfered there. They Immediately issue a refund for the difference of the amount that I intended to pay vs what was really payed.. Two CSR's from Dish could not do what the executive resolution team did, and clame the executive resolution team couldn't do anything about it. Well they did! How SAD! Dish needs to revise there support and there on line payments.

i do think that should be limited to a supervisor. for the company's protection. but they should have immediately transferred your call with a "we are very sorry! I'll transfer your call to someone that is better able to assist you!" its like every where. Disneyland is one they use to be the guest is always right and are our number one priority! no longer so. they don't care any more. normal response now is "well that's our policy" i think general kindness goes a long way! even if you cannot help them. if you are genuinely seance i will accept the out come. but piss me off and watch out! i will turn your day into hell!!! i called a gal in the audit dept every name in the book! she put me on hold and came back to say "are we ready to act like adults now?" i said let me talk to your supervisor! i went up three levels before calming down.:mad: :mad: :mad:

:up your absolutely right! i was just outraged at the moment. i even told the supervisor that. it would have never reached that level if she was concederate!

can't we all agree that by paying attention the first time around that this could all be avoided??...........just a thought

goaliebob99 said:
I even went and told her that I'm apart of one of the biggest on line forums
And ?? Dish has how many customers ?? Over 11 million... This site has how many *active* members ?? Since we don't know, let's use 40,000 (the number that's registered (and may have never returned)). That's what, 3/10th of 1 percent ??

As for the CSR, maybe they really don't have the authority to do it. I'd suspect that a supervisor would though but she could have credited your account and got you off the phone in a lot less time, I'll bet. Maybe they enjoy arguing and aggravating customers.... ???? Maybe, assuming there was an option, you should have chosen "Billing" vs "Customer service".

hall said:
And ?? Dish has how many customers ?? Over 11 million... This site has how many *active* members ?? Since we don't know, let's use 40,000 (the number that's registered (and may have never returned)). That's what, 3/10th of 1 percent ??

As for the CSR, maybe they really don't have the authority to do it. I'd suspect that a supervisor would though but she could have credited your account and got you off the phone in a lot less time, I'll bet. Maybe they enjoy arguing and aggravating customers.... ???? Maybe, assuming there was an option, you should have chosen "Billing" vs "Customer service".

Billing doesnt have any csr's thats why I had to go to customer service. When you select billing they just want a payment via credit card.. :) Were at 51,000 BTW :)

One thing you got to keep in mind is that being polite and respectfull will get you alot farther than if you call with an attitude.

I had a customer the other day that we installed exactly 1 year ago. He called me to complain about a $10 charge on his bill because none of his receivers where hooked to a phone line, and he claims that my installers didn't properly inform him at the time of installation that the phone line needed to be connected.

Instead of calling me up and nicely explaining the situation, he had an attitude with me the whole time demanding I re-imburse him the $120 he over paid over 12 months for no phone line connections and threating to call the news on me to report me to their problem solvers team.

I offered to send out a technician for free to see what the issue was with his phone line connection, but was not going to re-imbuse him because its his responcibility to check and see if the bill was correct.

But if he would have called me in the civilized manner, I probably would have re-imbursed him eventhough I don't feel I was at fault.

Claude is 100% correct. Anthing in life will go much better being nice. I know with dish the installer told be that because I was nice still having with 129 and he got me a DPP44 and 61.5 to fix it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)