Dish has me confused

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bfreeman

Original poster
Jun 1, 2006
St. Louis MO
Currently I have three standard Dish recievers. One is a PVR. With St. Louis Hd locals now available I called to upgrade to HD. Wanted two HD and two sd. (one hd would be 622) Dish says the 622 counts as two so I have to turn in two old recievers to get the 622 and I can only have one HD. I would have to run cable from 622 to spare bedroom. She said I could buy an hd reciever for $250 and have it installed. Am I missing something. Didn't really want to buy the hd reciever and pay to have it installed. Does the 622 require two lines from the sat dish.

bfreeman said:
Currently I have three standard Dish recievers. One is a PVR. With St. Louis Hd locals now available I called to upgrade to HD. Wanted two HD and two sd. (one hd would be 622) Dish says the 622 counts as two so I have to turn in two old recievers to get the 622 and I can only have one HD. I would have to run cable from 622 to spare bedroom. She said I could buy an hd reciever for $250 and have it installed. Am I missing something. Didn't really want to buy the hd reciever and pay to have it installed. Does the 622 require two lines from the sat dish.
Yes the 622 Requires 2 lines from the dish unlless you use a DP44 switch.

Thanks Dave

Is a DP44 switch something that Dish should do and or know about. Do they usually charge for this. It seems for St. Louis locals I will need a 1000+ can it only handle 4 recievers--3 if one is a 622. Thanks

DishDave said:
Yes the 622 Requires 2 lines from the dish unlless you use a DP44 switch.

Not with a just a Dish 1000. You just need the one line with the splitter. It all depends on your setup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts