Dish Has Worse Quality?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I personally could never convince myself that the Vizio, same model that the OP has stated, has that good of a picture. Some channels looked fine and then others not so much. Too bad because it has a very attractive price point and feature set, but I could never get the thing dialed in for an acceptably consistent picture. I took it back and ended up with a Sony KDL-50W800B and have been very happy with it.
I have to support your feeling. I have a friend who had a Vizio, and his picture, to be on point, sucked. He ended up getting a Panasonic Plasma, and the Vizio went to a distant relative.

Reactions: KazooGuy
I personally could never convince myself that the Vizio, same model that the OP has stated, has that good of a picture. Some channels looked fine and then others not so much. Too bad because it has a very attractive price point and feature set, but I could never get the thing dialed in for an acceptably consistent picture. I took it back and ended up with a Sony KDL-50W800B and have been very happy with it.
Yes, the Vizio's just aren't there yet. I think they have gotten better, but they really are easily inferior to some Samsung's and Sony's. Today, I would not buy any Vizio model. I consider them something of the RCA of the 21st century (we used to say Recording Crap of America). However, I do hope they continue to improve as they do provide some competition in the TV market and one could always buy a Vizio for the same reason I may have bought an RCA in the 80's and 90's: you just want a really cheap TV in a place (like a tertiary room) where PQ just doesn't matter.

Reactions: KazooGuy
Don't reset your receiver or any of that stuff. Simple answer, I don't know why people are willing to type it, is Dish does compress their feeds more than some providers. That being said they compress it less than others (U-Verse). It's not your TV, or your receiver. It's just how it is. Simple as that.

I don't know why people are willing to type it, is Dish does compress their feeds more than some providers.

I certainly agree, I have read that Dish does downrez their HD to 1440x1080, while DirecTV is supposed to be 1920x1080. However, in reality "I" cannot tell the difference on any of my HDTV sets, all of which are properly connected and adjusted.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Both my parents have Vizios and love them. CNET includes them with the best Samsungs, Sonys, and Sharps in their best TVs of 2014:

http://www.cnet.com/topics/tvs/best-tvs/

I have a Samsung 64" Plasma in the living room, but my next TV could easily be a full-array, local-dimming Vizio if they keep improving.

Both my parents have Vizios and love them. CNET includes them with the best Samsungs, Sonys, and Sharps in their best TVs of 2014:

http://www.cnet.com/topics/tvs/best-tvs/

I have a Samsung 64" Plasma in the living room, but my next TV could easily be a full-array, local-dimming Vizio if they keep improving.
. I don't believe that improvement is their business model. Pricing is. I have a 32" in my junk room and it looks ok but it does not compare to the PQ of my Samsung and Sony. I don't think Dish is the problem.

Reactions: Tampa8
. I don't believe that improvement is their business model. Pricing is. I have a 32" in my junk room and it looks ok but it does not compare to the PQ of my Samsung and Sony. I don't think Dish is the problem.

No offense meant, but perhaps you haven't been paying attention? Vizio has been getting better every year. Sure they still sell bargain basement, black friday doorbuster crap, but so do Sony and Samsung. In some ways they actually best the established brands. For example:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...969-vizio-demo-m-series-vs-samsung-h7150.html

The question I have, and I hope you elaborate a bit, do you have the same channels that don't look so fine?
My experience with that particular model was that it differed from program to program, not really channel to channel. As I said, it never seemed to have the same picture two programs in a row. I used calibration reports I found online and then tweaked those for my own personal taste and then the very next program it would look too reddish or bluish and I would have to start over. It was very frustrating and these results were from both OTA and DISH feeds. So, after 12 days it went back to BB and I got the Sony, which oddly has a less reflective screen than the VIZO.

Reactions: Tampa8
When it comes to PQ and cable, the answer is "Where do you live?". Where I live, Dish has higher PQ than WOW and about the same as Comcast. But the local ota channels look better on Comcast than they do on Dish. And the local ota channels look better from my antenna than they do on Dish.

As far as Vizio is concerned, their "M" series has been getting very good reviews wherever I go on the net. Their top end sets are now FALD and not Edge Lit like some more expensive sets from more respected manufacturers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)